ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Mini update...
After the balls up with the OMP boss from Demon Tweeks I eventually sorted a MOMO boss from Merlin Motorsport in Essex. Thanks for the link @182_steve
IMG_1048.JPG

So with boss now in hand it was time to fit with the OMP Targa wheel. Was quite easy to fit to be honest hardest thing was making sure it was straight. Note the boss kit only came with 1 resistor an was unsure which plug to put it in, luckily I had been to Maplins and got some 3.3ohm resistors for the grand price of 18p and used these instead.
IMG_1060.JPG

I'm pretty sure it's inline but that will have to wait until I test drive on a nice smooth road.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Does the boss bring the wheel any closer to you than the standard wheel? I know you can get spacers but just wondered if the boss itself brought it a bit closer.

No probs buddy, glad to help! Merlin are really good and that's where my boss ended up coming from as you know :up: Wheel looks smart!!

That's an interesting question about the wheel being closer. I think it might be a little? Not sure! The boss is quite big but the wheel is so flat to compensate, can't be much different to the standard big wheel

2014 Clio 200t edc
I need to get my shed to a similar standard to yours, your car is such an inspiration to me and my Monaco.
And the powerflex dog bone mount is definitely on my list, made such a difference to my last 172!!

SQ5
The problem is Steve, i feel the silver is lost behind the white as the white is so bright.

I'm thinking of doing them a grey colour or go bold with red. Any other colours won't work I don't think.

Red is too many colours, go body coloured, works for the new RS!

Nice Monaco too, always loads around this area for some reason!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
After the postie brought me the mount thought I best get it on before I go away to Centre Parcs.
IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG
It's surprising how such a small thing as a mount can make a huge difference. Now the upper mount and dogbone are done I'll be saving to get new lower arms with Powerflex bushes, new ball joints and track rod ends. Probably get the anti roll bar flexed at the same time then get a rear arb. Not sure if it'd be worth flexing the rear beam pivot point though, some have said it does help.
And if it's not got tie wraps on it, it's not a proper race car haha
IMG_1098.JPG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Same!

I have always said that poly bushing the lower mount is such a great mod to do and really recommend, especially when the cost is so cheap but the difference is noticeable.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Looks a clean one, seeing all these pics makes me miss my monaco..

No to the ph1 rear will make it look dated and they look like a standard spec bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worries that style exhaust will hurt the performance as car is mapped to the 2.5" stealth rear box?

I get that, it's the same when I had mine re-mapped with a K&N panel but then changed to the K-Tec induction set up, I asked if the map would need to be tweeked and they said no it's fine also!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not much has gone on with the Clio lately mods wise but today saw the return of the gold...
IMG_1328.JPG

But 16mm spacers and et37 alloys is not a good combo...
IMG_1326.JPG

Spacers will be coming back off in the next few days when I can be bothered an will run without them for the summer.

Looks very smart buddy :smiley: seen it mentioned a few times now it's starting to look a bit Williams, and I like that :cool: ha!

Defo keep those spacers off, just use for the 172 wheels

SQ5
I had same issue fitting F1's. 25mm on front is fine but the rears I have 10mm hub spacers and 5mm wheel spacers. Removed the 5mm and still rubs!

I think I may be stealing the gold wheel idea too, looks great!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not much has happened with the clio since the last update as I've been so busy with work.
But today saw the impulse purchase of a upper manifold from my local cit-ren breaker for a mere £20.
IMG_1563.JPG

This will be powder coated gold to match the alloys, fuel rail and throttle body will be rattle can'd black to not stand out an hopefully freshen up the bay.
IMG_0707.JPG

Hopefully I'll be able to source a new coolant bottle to add to the freshness

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So this happened yesterday...
IMG_1581.JPG

Dash lit up like an xmas tree an left me stranded 25miles from home, diagnosed as a faulty alternator. I managed to limp it home without it dying again and shut it away in the garage... out of sight out of mind...