ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

172 Turbo
everyone wants a clio turbo, but no one has the b****cks to buy one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The problem is who wants to spend 5k on a Clio when you can buy the R26 for the same price? At least with the Clio ringland failure isn’t common

535d / t5 caravelle
The problem is who wants to spend 5k on a Clio when you can buy the R26 for the same price? At least with the Clio ringland failure isn’t common
im not convinced, the megane imo is too capable when modded, it just does everything with ease, pisses what you throw at it with no drama, which for me unfortunately is its downfall, the clio is a hoot to drive on the limit, but its downfall is lack of power, never experienced a clio turbo, but im sure the extra power would keep me entertained.

supercharged clio ftw though.

That's true about being able to buy a car like that for the same money but for me, and me alone, the Meganes do nothing for me and look too big and heavy etc and doesn't surprise me what @bill is saying - The Clio's being much smaller and lighter but with bigger power are great fun. I've seen Clio turbo's cheaper as well but as in life you always get what you pay for and Ollie's is a fantastic example, all the right mods done by all the right people but with the maintenance history and all modification paperwork to back it up. For me personally, that is worth paying more for. Which is exactly what I did with my new Mini, paying over the odds for a big history big spec car. Just my 2p's worth :)

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Having read this all the way through again, it's clearly been looked after with a no expense spared approach. With all the hard work you've put in to this, the sentimental value, time spent and maintenance costs I can see why you don't want it to go for too cheap.

I think the car is pretty spot on, not much I'd change to it other than a diff, Bilsteins and gold 2118's. But even at £4,000 that still makes for an expensive Clio in the end.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you get what you want for it and failing that - that it goes to a good home.

Stick to your price mate, someone will buy it .. We’ve bought 2 Clio turbos over 5.5k in last couple of years. If yours would have been for sale this time last year I could have sold it instantly .. there are people out there who aren’t afraid to spend money it’s just waiting for that person to turn up.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
f**k it, I'll offer £5 ?

Think you've hit the nail on the head here. Hold out and someone will definitely but it though.
Itll be interesting to see how much you get for it, never seen one go for over 4K with your spec.
im not convinced, the megane imo is too capable when modded, it just does everything with ease, pisses what you throw at it with no drama, which for me unfortunately is its downfall, the clio is a hoot to drive on the limit, but its downfall is lack of power, never experienced a clio turbo, but im sure the extra power would keep me entertained.

supercharged clio ftw though.

That's true about being able to buy a car like that for the same money but for me, and me alone, the Meganes do nothing for me and look too big and heavy etc and doesn't surprise me what @bill is saying - The Clio's being much smaller and lighter but with bigger power are great fun. I've seen Clio turbo's cheaper as well but as in life you always get what you pay for and Ollie's is a fantastic example, all the right mods done by all the right people but with the maintenance history and all modification paperwork to back it up. For me personally, that is worth paying more for. Which is exactly what I did with my new Mini, paying over the odds for a big history big spec car. Just my 2p's worth :)
Having read this all the way through again, it's clearly been looked after with a no expense spared approach. With all the hard work you've put in to this, the sentimental value, time spent and maintenance costs I can see why you don't want it to go for too cheap.

I think the car is pretty spot on, not much I'd change to it other than a diff, Bilsteins and gold 2118's. But even at £4,000 that still makes for an expensive Clio in the end.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you get what you want for it and failing that - that it goes to a good home.
Stick to your price mate, someone will buy it .. We’ve bought 2 Clio turbos over 5.5k in last couple of years. If yours would have been for sale this time last year I could have sold it instantly .. there are people out there who aren’t afraid to spend money it’s just waiting for that person to turn up.
As with any niche item, you've gotta wait for the right buyer to turn up. I'd buy it if I had the cash, its a fantastic example.

I appreciate everyone's comments regarding my 172 and I think its been covered well...
I have put a lot of money and time to make this car what it is and it is a very niche market when it comes to selling it, I know I wont get back what I put into it.
I have advertised it at what I would like to get for it but being realistic I know I wont get the exact price, saying that I'm not going to give it away and I do have a figure in my mind what I will let it go for and be happy with. I have 4/5 people lined up to view it when I get home from this trip so hopefully it will be going to one of them, It will be a sad day but its time to move onto something else.
I've enjoyed every minute with this car and it will always be one of my favorites to have built and driven ?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Congrats on the sale! New owner is getting a fantastic car. Is your next motor another renaultsport? :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Congrats on the sale! New owner is getting a fantastic car. Is your next motor another renaultsport? :)
Thank you, the lad who got it was well chuffed with it, he s#it his pants on the test drive though.
I doubt it’ll be a Renault Sport atm but it’s not off the table as yet.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Well here it is... The clios replacement...
C2C340FA-81E3-42A5-A5E6-F044D92EBE8C.jpeg

CE53D2BA-8608-46F6-BB61-96BE62E75DB5.jpeg

Picked her up at lunch time from my local BMW dealer...
Only pictures I got so far but as the badge says it’s a 3dr M140i Shadow Edition... 3 Litre, Straight Six, Twin scroll turbo... 345bhp and 370lbft...
I will get some better pics ASAP.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Very nice.

Is there a genuine spoiler or something you can add to finish the back end off a bit?

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So here I am again... No longer My Monaco Story but instead... My BG Story...
2195098D-9A47-40E0-8729-F3BD0907CAD2.jpeg
722A79E4-4BB5-4919-826C-9A2D4ACBD88B.jpeg
3619A62C-9CA3-464A-8437-54FB0ED8CEEA.jpeg
661F53D9-C076-416E-AAF3-16A2AF1F295F.jpeg

2005 Clio 182 Black Gold
123k, Fresh mot, Belts done 107k in 2016 so I need to get this done soon, 4 new tyres just fitted along with having wheels and calipers refurbed, Lots of history and invoices old mot’s. It had a new clutch done about 18 months ago at beaniesport, its on lowered 40mm on spax lowering springs which will coming off at the earliest point.
It has a ktec induction kit, cfab battery cover, full milltek inc decat. Apparently it has matched inlets and has been remapped running 179.7 bhp with a printout.

Only bad parts are a tiny bit on front edge of bonnet bubbling and the usual bonnet marks, on the whole not bad for 16yr old paint.

There are a few other niggles I wanna get sorted so let the project commence.