ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol!! Yeah they'll help with the steering precision mate.
Think that's the way to go, then arb, then get all geometry checked...

But people talk to me about camber bolts! I know nothing about them, I understand camber an toe in/out an caster but how do the bolts work in terms of the Clio setup and would they work well with my current suspension setup and future plans for top mounts an arb. Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Think that's the way to go, then arb, then get all geometry checked...

But people talk to me about camber bolts! I know nothing about them, I understand camber an toe in/out an caster but how do the bolts work in terms of the Clio setup and would they work well with my current suspension setup and future plans for top mounts an arb. Thanks
What sort of setup are you after? Fast road?

172 Turbo
I didn't understand how the bolts work either, but when having it set up at the weekend he showed me, you turn the bolt and it moves the camber position!

Couldn't believe how simple it works.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
What sort of setup are you after? Fast road?

Yeah pretty much as it's more of a weekend toy than an out an out track slag but that's not to say I won't get the odd day out at snetterton in the future.

I didn't understand how the bolts work either, but when having it set up at the weekend he showed me, you turn the bolt and it moves the camber position! Couldn't believe how simple it works.

How has it changed the feel of the car, driving and turning in bends? Which make of bolts did you use?

172 Turbo
It feels much better than it did, still not as good as my Cup did but far better than it was. I found an old post of @NorthloopCup's and went for that, think 2 degrees of camber.

Not really had a chance to drive it properly yet as not been on track but it's better on the road than before.

Mine are Eibachs.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Keith where did you get it set up? If the car is going on track then PMS ARB and solid mounts etc if it's just a road car then that might be a bit extreme. The whiteline i probably a bit softer and OEM mounts ftw ha.

172 Turbo
@Rojer I went to STS in Bedford, Chris @ Beanie recommended them and the tyre place in Flitwick - They also did my Cup which was perfect.

I've got the whiteline on mine but would go for the PMS if I hadn't, I've got new standard top mounts.

Slow you down

Sayings like this is how you know we are from Norfolk! :smile:

If the car is going on track then PMS ARB and solid mounts etc if it's just a road car then that might be a bit extreme. The whiteline i probably a bit softer and OEM mounts ftw ha.

That's why I have the Whiteline and factory top mounts on mine, road car only, but can see the appeal of the others. I just don't want mine too hard/crashy as will most likely never see the track with me

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Since have the pms fitted not much has happened still deciding which way to take the car in terms of next modifications.
Did treat her to a wash by my mates valet company yesterday when I got home from offshore. Does an awesome job an only £15!
IMG_3400.JPG

I gave the interior a quick hoover as it wasn't too bad in there.
IMG_3407.JPG

Quick coat of Auto Finesse triple to finish off.
IMG_3403.JPG

For the eagle eyed you'll spot the engine cover is back on... I've trimmed the over hang off so as not to be melted by the turbo. I think it makes the bay look loads better.
IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

I was planning to change out my stock Renault speakers this afternoon but the local moron at halfrauds didn't understand which ones I wanted after coming back to me 3 times with the wrong ones so I politely told him to poke it! I've ordered some cross over cables so I don't butcher the oem loom an will look about online an order some speakers.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
A little update...
Went to look at some turinis today that were local to me but decided to leave them as the owner wants £465 for 5 with no tires, new caps and bolts.
After leaving there I felt I still needed to do something to my car so went a different halfrauds to the last an picked up a couple of sets of new speakers. A mid range set that will replace the rather poor oem ones, hopefully the loom adaptors will be here tomorrow so will be able to finish the install.
IMG_3452.JPG

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Winter is coming...
And with the impending salt and crap due to be dumped on the roads I thought it best to get the 172 alloys out ready for winter.
46153D91-3EBA-4B6D-B6FB-16C83F489C30.jpeg

I gave them a once over as they were dirty from when I took them off in the spring. Hopefully I’ll be able to source some Rainsport 3s to go on them.
Once changed over the 16” OZ f1 will be up for sale and then it’s new wheel shopping time.

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Cars looking really good mate, Looks brilliant on the f1s especially being 16s they just make it that little bit different from others :up:

I'll be working all day Monday but local meet up sounds good some time

I’d be up for a local meet up some time to as I’m from the same sort of area as you lot