ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new used Clio 182

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

nice loose them gay stickers though, pm smokey for some silvervisons too!!

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 24 December 2004

Its missing the front splitter!!!!
Have you got a picture of one fitted, then i know what to ask for when i go back to the dealer. Cant moan for £10,570 off the forecourt...

Maybe if i like one, will get one fitted later in its life..

How much for one..?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

They are 140quid from Renault.

As it has the Rear Cup Spoiler, it should have one on the front.

Its basically a black 1inch lip that runs under the bumper.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Look nice mate, but yeh missing front splitter, and also aint them stripes to far over??? Or is it me?

Shhh

Yea, i know what a splitter was, think ill end up leaving it off due to the amounts of speed bumps around here, and high kerb stones. Ill decide if i want one later in the year, but i think its gonna be a no-no, the gfs road has speed bumps all along it, some are the solid across the road type, some are the middle versions. Ill have to measure the floor clearance, then work out if i have enough space.

Lee

BMW M2C

The Renault show cars and some of the press cars were stickered like that.

Congratulations on the new car.

Shhh

The dealer is closed for christmas now, may ask the salesman to source me one and fit it for cost as of it being missing for the car. A so perfect sale, has not gone so well now.. :eek:

I feel robbed... Isnt it ment to be blue, or does it not matter..

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 24 December 2004

Yea, i know what a splitter was, think ill end up leaving it off due to the amounts of speed bumps around here, and high kerb stones. Ill decide if i want one later in the year, but i think its gonna be a no-no, the gfs road has speed bumps all along it, some are the solid across the road type, some are the middle versions. Ill have to measure the floor clearance, then work out if i have enough space.

My splitter is fine over all the speedbumps around here, and there are loads of them now! IMO it certainly makes a big difference to the look of the car, it looks plain without one!

Kev.

320d

Dont think the carbon splitter would suit the blue IMO

Clearance will be fine, speed bumps are not a problem

They look crap colour coded, they suit the black grill and fog light surrounds very nicely standard

If you dont get one off reno your just robbing yourself coz your entitled to one even if you dont want to put it on the car you could always just sell it on

Shhh

As the car is used, i think they might say sold as seen, or the cup spoiler was fitted extra..and not the splitter.

I can only ask...

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 24 December 2004

if renault wont put one on for you i know someone that could get you a new one for around £50-£60
That information would be more than helpful...

320d

I hate to see people get walked over by reno - its up to you to get as much as you can for your money

If they say you cant have one just simply insist that the car is put to the manufacturers specification ie with the splitter attached

From my experience of reno staff at my local garages they know very little about the specs of the cars and tell you anything to get a sale

CLIO 197 Ultra red

Ah reg vardy sunderland eh?? im from sunderland to. ill keep my eye out for u around. benfield newcastle has an identical one with all the stickers but its brand new...

enjoy ya car fella

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by clio16v1996 on 24 December 2004

If they say you cant have one just simply insist that the car is put to the manufacturers specification ie with the splitter attached
The seller knew i was keen, the car is a Clio 182 (not Cup) with the Cup Packs fitted except the splitter. If i ask for the splitter to be fitted as its missing, he may inform me that the car was sold as seen. Cant see it, but if it is ill ask for one at cost. If he wont do that, i guess im either going to have to see the sales manager, or pull me money out. I only paid £99 deposit, but in this case i think im gonna be in the wrong as i should of noticed it. Ill inform him on monday that its missing and see what the outcome is. I think cost price could be a extra £70 or something, but i really did drag him down on the price, so maybe a little upset when i ask for this to be done. Standard Spec could mean remove the spoiler from the car. Might be able to trade him the usless CD player for the Splitter...(arr, a idea..sell the CD Player :)). I think i just raised my cash for the splitter.. We pulled the £250 off gift voucher out, the recommend a voucher out, and they just reduced the car as i was a pain in the a$$, the car dropped from £11,995 too £10,795 when i explained that for £100 more i can get a new Clio 182. Im happy with the car, got it now and that it. If i feel i dont want it in 3-4 months im sure someone will buy it, maybe even p/x it for a modus, megane, scenic or something...even that dreaded Impreza...

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by ken182 on 24 December 2004

Ah reg vardy sunderland eh?? im from sunderland to. ill keep my eye out for u around.
I wont be around anywhere matey, gf lives in Peterlee so that where i went. Me old car has been their so many times for warranty work i got to know all the dealers by name i think. The clio was on the grass facing maccy ds. Im not allowed to play out anymore, the car is going to be a motorway car.

I hate boy racers i have to say, them type who drive old caviliers sitting at the lights (5 people in a car) with the windows down, music up and want a race. Its just not going to happen..im like Clio 182 or whatever..£11k their like 90 Cavilier 1.6 £50 and im on me own. You see them on a fri-sat night driving around the city waiting for a race.

The words BYE BYE GTI comes to mind..

320d

Didnt realise youve already got the car

You shoudnt have to get your wallet out at all

A clio 182 with cup packs should have spolier, splitter, wheels and suspension on when you got it

Youd complain if the stereo was missing for example, this is no different just cosmetic

As i said above get everything you can even if you sell it straight on and spend the cash on a couple of tanks of fuel - every little helps

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by clio16v1996 on 24 December 2004

Didnt realise youve already got the car
Only paid the deposit, so i think i should be ok on getting this sorted. I seen the car and wanted it. Looked to be what i wanted, as i could only afford a New Cup, so this is great bargain. My limit was £7 over 3 years, comes too £240 a month as i took £7.5. I like to own the car then i can pass it on, not like a finance company.

Im thinking this is a bad deal now by peoples reactions..:(

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

You only got 3.5K for your old car ? What version was it an how many miles, that seems like very little to me.

Shhh

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 24 December 2004

Merry Christmas.

Do look like the one The Stig drove but the reg is different I think.
Surely thats a key selling point then... Ill check on the Top Gear site now..

I got £3600 for a 2002 clio 1.2 16v 75bhp expression with 32k on the clock. had side and boot resprayed, not accidental just keyd...

Shhh

If it is, its too late now, and its gonna get thrashed even more when i get it.

what does a motorshow car mean, static display then.?

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Dont be put off AliasOmega, you were chuffed with your first few posts, try and keep that feeling as long as you can, I know it would take a lot more than the stig driving it to put me off.