ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/S Electric Window Stopped working

My passenger electric window stopped working this morning, it’s been very slow since I’ve had the car but this morning I tried both my switchs - both driver side and the passenger side one and it didn’t move an inch.
Any ideas what might need replacing? I heard the motor is over £150 or something stupid like that?? But often with electric window problems there is an easy fix which im hoping might be the case with this?

Also are both Offside & Near side motors common? Off side are normaly OK so i could get one froma scrapper??

Any help much appreciated

TT 225

It will be the motor, mine went when i first picked the car up. Renault charge £150 for a new regulator, but I got mine from a scrappy - £35, and fitted it myself.

N/S is cheaper to buy than the offside and more readily available, because the offside has the automatic bit on it that alows you to one push, its more expensive

Hope this helps :)

Bumder With A Buffer

Mite b worth checking that it hasnt come out of the runners or that something else rather than the motor?

williams 2 turbo

if you need another motor ive got a driver side one for sale, dont know if they are the same. my passenger side one did the same, got slower and slower then died. anywho post me if your interested

DONT GO BUYING A MOTOR JUST YET!!!! :eek:

Valver electric windows are nototriously sh!t !! lol ;)

First thing to check it the switches!! Remove them from the door and disconnect the plug from the back of the switch! Then clean (properly) all the connection points - both on the swtich and the plug!

Then plug it back in and hopefully it will have returned to life!! ;) lol

Had the same with mine and this was all it took to fix it!! Now got speedy windows!! :p lol

Try it you might save yourself plenty dollar!! ;)

thanks very much excellent replies -

Will try cleaning and this is possibly the cause because it used to be quicker depending which button you used.

If it does need replacing - to summerise

Will any motor from a clio 1 fit or are they age/model/side specific?

How easy is it to fit?

er yeah colin try cleaning em up should be all good....and you can do that yourself!! ;) lol

and if the motor needs replacing (which i dont think it will) i think all mk1 motors are the same although perhaps side specific?? Its not a job to look forward to though if it comes to it!! :(

350z & 16v Maxi

Vix ill do it for you for a little something in return lol (now no spamming)

Cheers Glenn, ill try it as i was going to buy another motor

TT 225

I hope it is the switches, but I really cant see it if both sides stopped working at the same time.

Like I said above, the regulators are side specific, but not the phase (the windows are the same size arent they ;)).

If you have to, its not difficult to replace the regulator. Post again if you need any info onto fitting it :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check-switches(connections on the back+their operation)

-all fuses

-the a pillar connector blocks(condition etc)

lubricate the regulator mechanism and all window runners