ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need car finance!!

Look at this for a insurance quote, 989 quid for me (21yr) to insure a 172!! but i cant seem to get finance off AA, Marblesloans etc because im a student, any idea where i can get finance from?

Who gave u that quote mate?

I had the same problems, u need to be working at least 16 hours a week, and i dont.

Wot i done i took out a second Student account out, and applied for the intrest free overdraft ;)

Renaut Insurance gave me that quote, although i have 4yr NCB with 2 yr of them being a bonus NCB, Dj illusion i do work atm 40hrs a week till sept when i goes back to uni, which company stated about working at least 16hrs a week?

Tescos finance told me that, theyve got a good rate at the mo.

They said to qualify u need to be doing a minimum of 16 hours a week, apparently is quite standard.

U might be doing 40 hours a week at the mo, but ull probably have to wait a little while.

All my mates, had to wait at least months untill they could get a loan out - guess it might be something to do with a credit score or whether u can prove that u can keep up with the payments

yeah the Renault dealer (second hand dept) offer me 14%APR, what a joke, the 172 i looked at there was w reg, in a very tasty Titanium silver but done 43k miles!!! and they want 8600 for it, way too overpriced but my heart nearly won over my head after i test drove it:oops:

7.9%APR seems to be the norm

Ad

MK2 FRS

I got 10%. APR on finance but had a full time job as well as uni.

Try Blackhorse...

If you are buying a brand new car check out HSBC car choice, they will get you a real good discount off the retail price of the car, im talking a couple of grand, but they only offer finance on new cars, you can put down a deposit of about £2000 then pay a monthly payment, after a fixed term say 2/3 years you can either buy the car for an agreed amount or you can give the car back.

A little bit more to then that, but well worth checking out.

How come ur having such problems! Im 20 and a student and I have a car on finance!!! Do u work, I work part time for the Halifax (only for another three weeks thank god!!!), only ten hours and I dont have any problems getting finance, and now im going to do my final year of uni part time and getting paid 15k per year its even easier!!!

Really tho I dont know y ur all having problems, Ive bought loads of stuff on finance and not had any problems

172, Tiguan

Renault Insurance also gave me a very reasonable quote. I currently have a DCi Clio and pay £400ish a year (22 years old, 5yrs NCB etc.)

Am getting a 172 Cup in September and they have quoted me another £350 to swap the insurance over untill next May, and the guy said it would work out to around £750 for the year. As im still gonna be 22 when i get the Cup thats not really that bad.

Asked if the insurance would reduce at all when 23, but the guy stated that itd come down quite dramatically when im 25. Was open and honest. Id recommend Renault insurance.

As for finance i am using Renault for that as well, was easy at the time. Though they are really unhelpfull now it comes to settling the account, suprise suprise....................

i got mine from alliance and leicester, worth a try, i had several knock backs from various others and got accepted by them, my apr is 9.8% i think, they advertise 5000 being 7.9% but depending on your circumstances it might go up a bit, which mine did, im paying back 6800 back on 5000 which is not too bad, my mate got a 5k loan from his own bank and is paying back 8500!!! nuts!!!