ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New chav daily

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so some are going to piss themselves at what I have just purchased but hey ho I’m happy 😂😂

29k dry miles from new.

Car will be on it’s way shortly to C1-R for belts and fluids. Going to be a good daily!

Spec.

SC450 package with the following spec/parts fitted.

2.5 litre fully forged engine
2.5 litre AVCS cylinder heads
SC50 turbo
Hyperflow FMIC
Front mounted oil cooler
Syvecs S6 ecu running mafless with Lc & Als
PPG helical cut gears 1 to 4 with standard uk 5th
Spec clutch
2.5 inch straight through exhaust system, Blitz back box.
Wrapped headers
Twin trumpet BOV
Defi gauges, oil temp, oil pressure, boost , 52mm dia, in white with defi 2 controller.
Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel pump
All fluids, ancillaries, gaskets etc.

The car was then conservatively mapped. The end result was 428.8 hp with similar torque as pictured

Mapped for Shell V-Power petrol

The following parts are also fitted but were not part of SC450 package.

AP Racing red 6 pot front brakes with 2 piece discs, 335mm diameter
AP Racing red 4 pot rear brakes with a 1 piece discs, 330mm diameter
Godspeed thicker hand brake shoes.
KW version 1 inoxline coilover adjustable suspension with oe top mounts
CDF Racing front & rear droplinks
Whiteline rear ARB
Front strut brace
Bosch s4 battery ( new )

Styling:
Front bumper splitter ( Scoobyworld )
STI front grill oe
STI head lamps with HID dip beam
Side skirt & rear bumper additions
Rear window spoiler with decal
STI 7 boot lid spoiler oe
SC450 decals
Perrin wing stiffies
Mud flaps with subaru decal
STI 7 wheels, 17 inch ( could do with a refurb )
Goodyear F1 tyres
Bonnet and front bumper professionally painted 4 years ago ( due to stone chips )

Interior:
STI 8 front & rear seats in excellent condition.
STI clocks/speedo
Custom door cards front & rear
Chrome door handles
Under seat blue mood lighting
Snooper radar detector

Running 430/420 so pokey and safe.

9065B53C-074A-464D-801D-0B871C6734D5.jpeg
CE800B1A-C893-4E5D-85DF-E058407B7E61.jpeg
2A13F971-AC8C-4337-AE42-998EA4C7423B.jpeg
685668BB-49CF-4ECF-97A4-21ACB4975616.jpeg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
29k dry miles and you’re gonna use it as a daily over winter?

I mean, you’re full baller but surely something a bit leggier would be better to smoke about in especially with the big eyes rep for rust.

Sweet motor though, looks a similar spec to Phil’s @Donny_Dog

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
29k dry miles and you’re gonna use it as a daily over winter?

I mean, you’re full baller but surely something a bit leggier would be better to smoke about in especially with the big eyes rep for rust.

Sweet motor though, looks a similar spec to Phil’s @Donny_Dog

For what I paid vs what else I can get for the same money it’s a no brainer. This is a WRX dressed as a STI with a s**t load of mods thrown at it. The Impreza purists will always put it down for that reason so I’m just going to enjoy it for what it is, can’t do that with the Evo 😎😎

I do 3k per annum now so it won’t get that much of a hard time over winter.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Are you going to remove the roof spoiler mud flaps and stickers/badges?
Please say you are....

Cool car though. And such a nice driving position!

Will be removing the flaps, side skirt extensions and possibly the roof spoiler which will depend on how it’s fitted. If not it will have to stay and I remove the decal.

As for badges etc more than likely.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Always loved a bug eye!
Do prefer them with no rear spoiler JDM style though.

Or the S202 rear wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGherkin

ClioSport Club Member
5 speed PPG helical cut gearbox. Whines 1-4, 5th quiet.
I always thought that the 5 speeds were weak because the casing was weak rather than the gears themselves, but from the sounds of it if they whine like mad then it's probably not very helical which would prevent a lot of the longitudinal forces from the shafts. Has it got blast plates on as well?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
I always thought that the 5 speeds were weak because the casing was weak rather than the gears themselves, but from the sounds of it if they whine like mad then it's probably not very helical which would prevent a lot of the longitudinal forces from the shafts. Has it got blast plates on as well?

It’s not like a dog box whine, much more muted but to the untrained ear most would think it’s a shagged gearbox. He’s put helical/straight cut but it can only be one or the other. I’ll have a closer look through the receipts when the cars delivered from it’s service.

I couldn’t tell you what’s weaker 5/6 speed as I have never taken a Impreza seriously up until now.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
22b rear wing looks good on these, but I might be a bit biased...

I was reading the advert for this only a day or two ago! Many monies spent, I recall.

You're right though, the purists won't like it because it's a WRX and if you're using it as a fast beater daily, then it's perfect. You are definitely baller status though. Possibly baller knighthood level.

Can you post the Dyno graph? It was decent iirc.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member

I was reading the advert for this only a day or two ago! Many monies spent, I recall.

You're right though, the purists won't like it because it's a WRX and if you're using it as a fast beater daily, then it's perfect. You are definitely baller status though. Possibly baller knighthood level.

10k I paid plus transport and it needs a belt service so another £600. About 11200 all in.

Never going to find a genuine sti with these miles, spec, condition for under 18k.

ACFD5FD9-0D22-4FDC-96EC-F58BA7CF98C5.jpeg

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member

How are you rear arches? Apparently these are prone to rot.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

The arches themselves are ok, the rear element that holds the back bumper on has already been 'done' by the previous owner. So that's the first place I'd look, if I were you (and I knew what I knew now). Would need arch liner off though, as a minimum.
The paint looks in good condition on yours, from the pictures. Looks well cared for.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
10k I paid plus transport and it needs a belt service so another £600. About 11200 all in.

Never going to find a genuine sti with these miles, spec, condition for under 18k.

View attachment 1502375

You could have messaged me and done a deal on the one I've got. I love impersonating Mike Brewer.

My torque, stops dead at 350, but I can't find an explanation for it. that graph of yours is far nicer.

I am interested in how the maf-less setup is conducted, if you find any paperwork on it. I presume they add a MAP sensor then remap it based on that scaling rather than the MAF. You have an aftermarket ECU and I don't (at least I don't think so... the scoobyclinic work says ECUTEK when it was remapped) so not even sure I could do it without ploughing more drug money into it.

Anyway, glad you like you it. Glad I can talk about mine to someone else with one. Dying breed it would seem now. Reckon they'll be the like the Saxo VTS in a few years.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
You could have messaged me and done a deal on the one I've got. I love impersonating Mike Brewer.

My torque, stops dead at 350, but I can't find an explanation for it. that graph of yours is far nicer.

I am interested in how the maf-less setup is conducted, if you find any paperwork on it. I presume they add a MAP sensor then remap it based on that scaling rather than the MAF. You have an aftermarket ECU and I don't (at least I don't think so... the scoobyclinic work says ECUTEK when it was remapped) so not even sure I could do it without ploughing more drug money into it.

Anyway, glad you like you it. Glad I can talk about mine to someone else with one. Dying breed it would seem now. Reckon they'll be the like the Saxo VTS in a few years.

Yours is a 2.0 though?

2.5’s are going to be a lot more torque.

The 2.0 is a better revving car though. My 2.0 sti is awesome really, revs round to 8k. It’s great having a turbo car that also has that much rpm to play with. Mine always catches me out after using my WRX for a while, I tend to short shift it at 5,500 as I’m used to the WRX, ring it out and it just keeps pulling.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
That’s strong money isn’t it!

Yours is a 2.0 though?

2.5’s are going to be a lot more torque.

The 2.0 is a better revving car though. My 2.0 sti is awesome really, revs round to 8k. It’s great having a turbo car that also has that much rpm to play with. Mine always catches me out after using my WRX for a while, I tend to short shift it at 5,500 as I’m used to the WRX, ring it out and it just keeps pulling.
Now that’s what I call a high revving turbo! None of this “still has power at 6k” b****cks!

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member

Certainly don’t see many on the roads anymore.

have they limited torque to prevent a rod leaving the block? No idea about how strong these engines are.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on ebay. Love a bug but not so sure on all the body kit extras but different strokes and all that.

Probably nothing but when looking at it on ebay I noticed he said "In 2009 the car spent 3 months at Scoobyclinic having their SC450 package with the following spec/parts fitted. "

But the RR is from 2008. Pretty obvious it's all there though.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on ebay. Love a bug but not so sure on all the body kit extras but different strokes and all that.

Probably nothing but when looking at it on ebay I noticed he said "In 2009 the car spent 3 months at Scoobyclinic having their SC450 package with the following spec/parts fitted. "

But the RR is from 2008. Pretty obvious it's all there though.

I noticed that but not worried as he’s owned it since 2005 and all receipts are present.

I agree about the exterior extras but the side skirt add on things, roof spoiler and the badges will come off.

Whole point of this car is that I don’t have to feel guilty when it’s used all year round.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They rust from the inside out.

If the arches get rusty, then the rear suspension turrets, inner arches and inner sills will all need work.

When you get chance, take the rear wheels off, rear bumper off and back seats out. That will enable you to check it all out properly. If it’s all clean, take loads of pictures. It will help you command a premium come sale time. So for you, about Mid-November... 🤣

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
They rust from the inside out.

If the arches get rusty, then the rear suspension turrets, inner arches and inner sills will all need work.

When you get chance, take the rear wheels off, rear bumper off and back seats out. That will enable you to check it all out properly. If it’s all clean, take loads of pictures. It will help you command a premium come sale time. So for you, about Mid-November... 🤣

You would hope that given the low miles and the fact it has done 3k since 2008 it would be ok........................ not that lucky.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You would hope that given the low miles and the fact it has done 3k since 2008 it would be ok........................ not that lucky.
I’ll put money in it being rust free in the important places.

Nobody is daft enough to spend all that money modifying a rot box, surely??