ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio F1 owner needing general advice

Clio F1
Evening all,
after always wanting one of these after reading/ watching endless reviews I took the plunge one evening (much to my Mrs despair).

I’ve bought a low mileage example that’s a little rough around the edges. My plans to keep it and use it as a weekend car. I want to return it as close as possible to standard (Boring I know) but it will be regularly used.

Ive used this forum to read Up on advice (thanks, people do read it!) and have just sent off my steering wheel to Royal.

I’m struggling to find a couple of things so could do with any steer:

• New gear knob- like I mentioned original style if possible, plenty on eBay for a tenner but is there a better quality option anyone would recommend?
  • black door pillar strips- (probably have a name)- mine are starting to peel away so need them replacing. can anyone recommend a replacement? This has previously been done in a carbon fibre effect, is this original? Also the spoiler has been wrapped in the same- was this originally just painted?
  • F1 floor mats- were these different? I’ve seen the OEM mats with yellow trim if not.
  • F1 decals- the car I bought was red, I’m getting it machine polished soon and ceramic coated would you recommend removing the decals then re applying new ones or leaving originals?
cheers in advance, I’m new to this but looking forward to getting stuck in and enjoying the car.

I’ll post pictures of before and after when it’s done.