ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New discs & Pads (Poss upgrade)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive just back from getting new driveshafts fitted and as I suspected the mechanic noticed my discs dont stand a chance of passing its MOT in a couple of months time.

Basically I want to take the chance to upgrade a little so Ive had a search around the site but still have a few questions.

Is it possible to fit 172 brakes to a 1.4 8v? Are the eurocarparts performance discs any good and what pads are best (had Ferodo last and they kick out a lot of dust).

Sorry for the essay but would really appreciate the help!

Thanks

John

!!BLOODY SPAM FILTER!! :mad:

*breath deep breath deep* - all for 4 bloody words.

Green stuff pads mate :D

*edited - due to cant be arsed posting again as bloody spam filter getting on my titties*

Or some1 mentioned these in different thread http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/www.ebcbrakesdirect.com Black stuff ones, dirt cheap ment to be alright. anything is an improvement on the orignal setup tho mate.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive heard some stories about the quality of EBC greenstuff and Im not as convinced as I used to be as to their quality. Dunno how accurate that is though.

PS IM GOING TO HUNT DOWN THE SPAM FILTER AND DISCONNECT THE BLOODY THING!!!

Greenstuff are great if you NEVER have to use your brakes . If you do stand on the middle pedal occasionally then dont bother . THE WORST pads i have ever used .

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Mark@Ritchspeed on 15 April 2004

Greenstuff are great if you NEVER have to use your brakes . If you do stand on the middle pedal occasionally then dont bother . THE WORST pads i have ever used .
Thats exactly what Id been told!!!

I agree the greenstuff arent that good, temp range is crap, plenty of dust too. Cheapo k-tec kevlar ones were better. However cant really rate performance as the k-tecs were with 1 pots and the greenstuff are with 4 pots.

-Rob

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I cant find them on the website but they are in the perfromance magazine which you can get from them. Ive got a mate who put them on his saxo and was very impressed by them. Ill get you the product code as soon as i can.