ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New sound system......

Alright guys

Well.... im selling my R5GTT... along with the new sony 1000FT head unit and all the amps+sub, 6x9s etc...

http://fed.cix.co.uk/r5ice.jpghttp://fed.cix.co.uk/r5ice.jpg

so when my new car arrives.... which is a Renault 5 GT Turbo Raider hehehehe. im gonna be putting a new system... what people recommend...

need.

2 x 1000W multi channel amps

2 x 12" 1000+W Subs

a set of 6x9s

set of speakers for the door.

some components for the door.

Headunit. possibly a DVD unit with screen...

so... was thinking JBL audio? JL?

will prolly put about 2K into the system.

Cheers

for £2k you can get a far better set-up than that

oh and ditch the idea of 6x9s, IMO you will regret putting them in

What you use instead of 6x9s?

plan me a sound system that will be kick ar*e for 2K

2.5-3K Adam

next Saturday im having the Uprated headgasket fitted and i have the remaining coloured silicon hoses to go on aswell.

The cars currently running 16psi of boost everyday and runs fine, but with the uprated headgasket on and silicon hoses.. extra garuntee with the increased boost. the cars done 68K miles since new (Jersey miles... which is at 40mph and not motorway). its 1989 Phase 2

I fitted a HKS Super Sequential blow off valve to it last week.. sounds nice, and can be adjusted.

White dials.. *wow*
There is a Boost Gauge in the car, but i dont have a hole cutter to cut into the Dash so its attached by a bracket at the moment, and i havent had time to get it wired into the electrics so it lights up at night.

ICE - Sony CDXM1000TF 32,000 colour TFT screen with choice of pre-stored on-board images, 2 Amps, 1 900W Subwoofer, 300w pioneer 6x9s, the front has sony 130W front door speakers + componenets in the door. theres a graphic equaliser in the boot so u can adjust it to your liking.

Cobra Bucket seats in Black and red trim. (very low, as attached to the rail, could do with buying the raisers)

Brand new 15" BK Racing 238 Black Chromed alloys with Faulken low profile tyres

Fully adjustable suspension, im going to be getting the front lowered another 10-20mm its lowered 50mm atm.

Exterior wise, im currently having a Citreon AXGT rear spoiler painted, should be on next week, exclusive clear rear lenses , clear front and side repeaters and clear fogs. also a different grille on next week. also fitted are DTM cup mirrors in black, not painted though. was planning on getting the roof,boot and passenger side resprayed, but want to change for new project. ive been quoted 2K to have the whole car resprayed in Pearl black with blue flip, so it changes a nice blue in the sun. that price also includes them gutting the car also.

looking in the region of 2.5K - 3K for it

have spent in the region of 3K on it since buying it in February.

I do have someone interested in it here (Jersey), so dont think it will be for sale long :)

yeah standard cooler n turbo.

it seems fine holly, my mate checks it over once a week, and it doesnt show any signs of wearing.

i wouldnt run more than 16psi on it now (i know 14psi is probably max you should run it with standard cooler+turbo), it seems happy with it, and i dont want to ruin it or put it under aload of stress, i was planning on getting a twin core alloy cooler this month then getting a T25 turbo, but as im going to be getting a different one, ill wait untill i get that :)

2 of my friends have R5s and they are running 18psi with standard equipment and not having troubles either, but i suppose being Jersey.. u cant put the engine under lots of stress anyway! (40mph) :(

James. Seems your one of the sensible GTT owners mate which is good. Just make sure strap (with big jubilee clips) and flow the intercooler. i HAVE MATES THAT HAVE RUN 25 psi on standard but it wears ecerything a lot quicker then BOOM. But 16psi is fine as long as your fueling right.

it is popping like a rally car at the moment, when the car idles it leaves little water drops on the exhaust tail pipe, which apparently is a good sign that the engine is running healthy?

i think the cars over fueling at the moment, as i fitted an uprated fuel pump and filter? theres a screw someone near the carb i believe that u turn to adjust the amount of fuel?

when i get the uprated headgasket and hoses fitted, im going to screw the flap on the cooler and will get some big straps, i have checked the intercooler metal clips, and they are all sealed and looks sweet, no sign of movement or stress, the coolers not leaking either.

james, for £2.5k i could design you an amazing system!!!

is that to include fitting?

are you on msn? add me if u wanna chat about it mailto:icedaddyuk@hotmail.com">icedaddyuk@hotmail.com

or email on mailto:icedaddyuk@aol.com">icedaddyuk@aol.com

im on MSN ya

JamesGTT or mailto:jameschat@msn.com">jameschat@msn.com

and na, thats just for the ICE. fitting im trying to design some ideas for boot install.. drawings etc.

yer defo NO 6*9s if you want a good system!!!

SQ or SPL???

Do you really need a dvd player, unless, it can play mp3s and you have a dvd writer on your comp, are you really going to watch films in your car??

As bambam said 3k will get you allot more than that.

You have said a set of speakers for the doors and a set of comps??? do you mean 1 pair of coaxials in the back and a pair of comps in front?

If you really want rear fill get some half decent coaxils, not worth spending loads on it.

Insead of 6*9 nothing, nothing should go in your parcel shelf really, due to speakers sharing enclosures ect.

yeah i aint getting Sony

Adam is sorting me out with Rockford and JL equipment :D

Soz the current system is going with the car, as i think its a good selling point for younger kids who are interested ;)