ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the forum

Mazda 3
Hi, i thought id join the forum as im on the hunt for a 172/ 182 currently. I grew up around both of those as well as 197s and 200s.
Ive had a mini before my current mazda and that was woefully unreliable so i can deal with a little bit but from what my dad has told me as long as you look after them then theyll look after you.
Anyways if anyone does happen to have or know of anyone with a 172/182 within 20 miles or so of the b90 area please get in touch.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'd expand your search area a bit if you're after a good one, not so many mk2s left now, especially not well looked after ones. But depends what you're after. They are good cars though, mine has certainly looked after me with a bit of preventative maintenance, just need to be mindful that even the newest mk2 sports are around 20 years old now, so they all need some fettling.

Mazda 3
I'd expand your search area a bit if you're after a good one, not so many mk2s left now, especially not well looked after ones. But depends what you're after. They are good cars though, mine has certainly looked after me with a bit of preventative maintenance, just need to be mindful that even the newest mk2 sports are around 20 years old now, so they all need some fettling.
Im more than happy to do some fettling as i enjoy doing it and will help me further my skills as an apprentice vehicle tech. I would definatepy be open to expanding my search ares but i just dont want to risk a lemon. My parents have had multiple mk2 and mk3 sports and theyve always been solid cars as my dad kept up on maintanence and i will be happy to do the same with a bit of his help 😅

Racing Blue FF 182
Welcome.
I’m not in the B90 area but if you’re after a well maintained Racing Blue 182 mine is currently for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_9592.jpeg
    IMG_9592.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13
  Mazda 3
Whereabouts are you based as i dont mind traveling and is it a 182 or a cup as the insurance difference for me between a 182 and a cup is ridiculous

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you and normal 182 im about 2000 with a box and 2300 no box and the cup is 2100 box and 6-7000 no box
Do you understand the model range well, specifically the differences between CUP, non-CUP and cars with CUP packs?

I guess insurance will go off the reg number, but if you're new to these cars, it should help you in your search.

Mazda 3
Do you understand the model range well, specifically the differences between CUP, non-CUP and cars with CUP packs?

I guess insurance will go off the reg number, but if you're new to these cars, it should help you in your search.
I shall look into that as i have seen there are different versions and do need to get clued up and my dad told me to go for a normal 172/182 full fat.
Thank you for all the help

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green1.2
Check sills and arches as well. Tinkering and maintenance is fine but additional thousands in cutting, welding and painting might kill the fun. At least that's what I was looking out for when I got ahold of mine

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 3
Check sills and arches as well. Tinkering and maintenance is fine but additional thousands in cutting, welding and painting might kill the fun. At least that's what I was looking out for when I got ahold of mine
Cheers, im taking my time in the search for them and yeah sorting rust out doesnt sound very fun or cheap either

Racing Blue FF 182
Majority of bits would take someone who knows what they’re looking for to spot, such as the 172 cup A/C delete with cup alternator.
It’s got a K-Tec manifold, Milltek cat back system.

K-Tec induction kit can easily be swapped.
Cooksport Springs.