ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie here with RB 182

Lots
been looking for a while and finally bought one yesterday from a fellow member and after a terrible 500+ mile round trip some of the worst weather I've been unfortunate to drive through she is on the drive, great bodywork looks to be all original paint one or two minor scuffs but I won't be getting it painted maybe touched in don't want to ruin the originality of the paint, I do have a to do list
firstly she is going into mickleton service station to see Hutchie for all the belts, pulleys etc plus a full service and Im asking him to look at a few other things I would like it mechanically as best it can be.
Second thing will be headlights polished (but looking at them I will probably need to source a new/refurbed set) having her professionally cleaned and polished maybe even treat her to a coating,
then in no particular order, set of mats, I would like to source a set of RB seat belts if anyone has done this i would appreciate a link, wheel refurb and Im sure I will think of more but Ive only owned her 24 hours.

I will try to keep this thread updated

RB1.jpg

Lots
Thsnjs, I am in north east, just up by airport, I probably won't be in the car much till it's been in for service etc but I'll probably be in it more than I know

Lots
Sorry, Newcastle Airport,
I know Hutchie isn't on my doorstep but he seems to be held in high regard on here and he has already been helpful via WhatsApp, I'm used to travelling for a skilled mechanic who know his stuff used to have a mk1 tt and used to go down to Middlesbrough for that so no hardship

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, Newcastle Airport,
I know Hutchie isn't on my doorstep but he seems to be held in high regard on here and he has already been helpful via WhatsApp, I'm used to travelling for a skilled mechanic who know his stuff used to have a mk1 tt and used to go down to Middlesbrough for that so no hardship
He did engine work on one of my 182-track cars. He took an age, but I couldn't fault the workmanship.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
been looking for a while and finally bought one yesterday from a fellow member and after a terrible 500+ mile round trip some of the worst weather I've been unfortunate to drive through she is on the drive, great bodywork looks to be all original paint one or two minor scuffs but I won't be getting it painted maybe touched in don't want to ruin the originality of the paint, I do have a to do list
firstly she is going into mickleton service station to see Hutchie for all the belts, pulleys etc plus a full service and Im asking him to look at a few other things I would like it mechanically as best it can be.
Second thing will be headlights polished (but looking at them I will probably need to source a new/refurbed set) having her professionally cleaned and polished maybe even treat her to a coating,
then in no particular order, set of mats, I would like to source a set of RB seat belts if anyone has done this i would appreciate a link, wheel refurb and Im sure I will think of more but Ive only owned her 24 hours.

I will try to keep this thread updated

View attachment 1712390
I haven't used these personally. But I've seen a few people who have for seat belts.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't used these personally. But I've seen a few people who have for seat belts.
I had mine done by them. I’d give them a 6/10. I ended up cleaning my old ones up as the belts wouldn’t retract properly and the material didn’t feel quite right.

IMG_7080.jpeg
IMG_7087.jpeg

Sorry, in typical CS fashion we seem to have hijacked your thread 😂