ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nickw88's 430D M Sport

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. They're not the most soulful engine in the world but they don't half do a great job. Mine's running a Burger Motorsport JBD now and is absolutely savage with over 500lbft, could be worth a look? Similar price to a remap and you can just remove it/sell it if you sell the car.

Just don't blame me for its new-found appetite for rear tyres!

BMW 430D M Sport
Yeah I know what you mean , certainly in comfort mode anyway although sport and sport + makes a big difference to throttle response and overall feel.

I’ve been keeping an eye on your thread, it’s sounds like a monster! My neighbour had an E60 (?) 535D with a plug-in box thing but I was a little dubious...his was only cheap though, eBay special I think! Still, he said it felt a lot better with it on so maybe I could look in to what you have.

What tyres are you running? I was going to go all out for PS4s but my neighbour got me a great deal on Faulken Fk150 (I think) and in all honestly they seem really good! Cost me just under £500 for a full set, balanced and aligned. I had them on my TT before and they were really good, even in the snow and lasted pretty well.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know what you mean , certainly in comfort mode anyway although sport and sport + makes a big difference to throttle response and overall feel.

I’ve been keeping an eye on your thread, it’s sounds like a monster! My neighbour had an E60 (?) 535D with a plug-in box thing but I was a little dubious...his was only cheap though, eBay special I think! Still, he said it felt a lot better with it on so maybe I could look in to what you have.

What tyres are you running? I was going to go all out for PS4s but my neighbour got me a great deal on Faulken Fk150 (I think) and in all honestly they seem really good! Cost me just under £500 for a full set, balanced and aligned. I had them on my TT before and they were really good, even in the snow and lasted pretty well.
Yep, I know the ones you mean. Initially, I was dubious too but did some research on them so decided to go for one. I'm not sure if they make a JBD for your engine since it's the later N57 (mine's M57) but they're worth looking at. I've got the XHP gearbox flash too since I have the old ZF6. Yours is MUCH better so won't need that.

I still have Pilots all around and have some new PS4s for the back once they get low/winter f*cks off. It'll still hammer the traction control in the first three gears if you're a thug with the throttle in anything other than dry conditions.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
You still enjoying it?

This cars a great all rounder and good cruiser and probably the best car I’ve had...still miss my R more than anything though!
Yes love it mate tbh can't think what could replace it as an all round car.

BMW 430D M Sport
Thanks, they look in great condition and a good price too. Timing is a bugger though as I can’t risk parting with the money at the moment, probably be nearer spring unfortunately

Any idea if these will direct fit an E9x?
I don’t think they fit from what I’ve read, I’m not certain though...

In fairness if I do upgrade I’d rather stick with the Fxx kit so as to look properly OEM.

BMW 430D M Sport
Not right now no but going to get one after work tonight.

They’ve been doing loads of roads near me, just so happened this one was particularly high. Not like it’s been lowered so I would expect there’s some standard height they should work to?

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Jesus that’s terrible! Get photos of what caused it asap. Was your daughter in the car? Must have been some noise with that damage.

As long as the car is standard etc you’ll get a claim

BMW 430D M Sport
Jesus that’s terrible! Get photos of what caused it asap. Was your daughter in the car? Must have been some noise with that damage.

As long as the car is standard etc you’ll get a claim
I definitely will be later. The lady at the council seemed fairly sympathetic and positive towards reimbursement but had to write a formal complaint via their website so that’s now been submitted, will await their response.

No she wasn’t, it was during rush hour on my way to work so no way to swerve to avoid it as it was too busy. But yes, pretty loud to say the least! It then dragged along the floor as the makeshift string-bodge wasn’t enough to keep it in place.

BMW 430D M Sport
Unfortunately it’s bonded on so won’t be easy to remove either, and I have to drive down to Bristol and back tomorrow so will have to sort it tonight one way or another! Can’t be going up and down the motorway with it like that!

BMW 430D M Sport
Best I’ve seen for genuine BMW is £600 on eBay, cheaper alternatives are available. If they’re paying, I’m going to BMW lol

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Quite right. Potential bumper damage too. I’m sure Bmw would be a couple of K to repair that lol

BMW 430D M Sport
On a serious note, how am I best to try and remove what’s left of it this evening? I’m guessing the bonding will damage the paint on the bumper...
As a short term fix, would it be easier just to try and cut the centre section off altogether?

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
On a serious note, how am I best to try and remove what’s left of it this evening? I’m guessing the bonding will damage the paint on the bumper...
As a short term fix, would it be easier just to try and cut the centre section off altogether?
I would personally leave it as it is until you’ve had a Bodyshop look at it. It might affect your claim if you start pulling bits off. Could secure it with duct tape for now

BMW 430D M Sport
Well I did think that, but not confident in driving 150 miles with it dragging along the floor, even if I stick to sensible motorway speeds.

That’s if I can’t get it to stay in place anyway.

YorkshireKyle

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch!

Just depends if it's the council doing the work or if it's subbed out to another firm. Plus they'll try and worm their way out of it in some way, I hope that ain't the case though as the car isn't slammed or anything daft. Most modern cars are fairly low slung nowadays, just be glad it wasn't your sump though!!!

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I would personally leave it as it is until you’ve had a Bodyshop look at it. It might affect your claim if you start pulling bits off. Could secure it with duct tape for now

BMW 430D M Sport
Ouch!

Just depends if it's the council doing the work or if it's subbed out to another firm. Plus they'll try and worm their way out of it in some way, I hope that ain't the case though as the car isn't slammed or anything daft. Most modern cars are fairly low slung nowadays, just be glad it wasn't your sump though!!!

Oh I’m sure they’ll try everything to get out of it.

I haven’t actually looked properly underneath yet so will do that tonight, praying there’s not more damage under there!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
That's bad is that! Hope sump is ok
Get lots of pics but would leave alone till claim

BMW 430D M Sport
Well I’ve checked underneath and everything is fine, just the splitter itself that’s absolutely f***ed.

I’ve got plenty of pics but after using cable ties and going for a spirited test drive, turns out they’re not strong enough to keep it in place and was back to square one.

Didn’t really want to have to do it but took the hacksaw to it so it’s safe for now. Will keep the piece as evidence, just in case. I appreciate some of you guys said not to touch it but i can’t see any progress on the complaint/claim happening anytime soon so needed to get something done as a temporary measure.

49abf1c613c288d9caf4b9fc64545108.jpg

BMW 430D M Sport
Sorry guys, only just checked this.

I had it done at Performance Torque in Wombourne, I had my second 182 and my Golf GTD done there a few years back so was pretty confident in them.

Honestly, it doesn’t feel that much quicker as it’s a really smooth power delivery so initially I was a little disappointed but looking down at the dials tells a different story. It certainly does shift, even from a standing start. Traction’s dropped a little as expected but not too bad in all honesty.

I gave it the beans on an empty motorway at 5am this morning and the pick up at higher speeds is far improved, felt like a different car.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Actually, scrap most of that last post. Just had to pop out to grab something and was in a bit of a rush so put my foot down. Scared the s**t out of myself on a quiet road I know very well.

Definitely a big improvement.
So what was it std ?

BMW 430D M Sport
Little video for anyone interested. It does unfortunately highlight how boring a diesel engine sounds compared to petrol, but shifts nonetheless.

Anyway, 0-100mph on a private road, very slightly damp, TC off, sports auto and no launch control. Probably would be a tad quicker in manual.