ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oh dear oh dear! advice please!

just got back from a blast in my mates golf TDi, 130bhp, heated leather seats, diamond black, LUSH, the clio obviously gave him a pasting, then we swapped cars and went for a blast, again the clio dominating BUT ive fallen for the golf, the leathers, the comfort, the torque! Seriously thinking baout getting one, which would mean letting go of teh clio, so soon after getting it how i want it, at a massive loss! Gonna mull it over at work tonight, would be making a big loss, not sure!

I know weveryone is gonna say keep the clio cos its CLIOsport lol, but some unbiased views please! 50mpg and sexy leather, or ridiculous pace and cornering ability? HELP!!!!

lol, the low down torque, the effortlessness (is that a word?) of driving it, the clio you cant chill in, you drive it on the limit at all times, tyres squealing and pulse racing, the golf you just relax in heated leathers and let the low down torque work for you! That sounds quite poetic lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I cant believe you would sell the clio so soon after getting it and spending loads on getting it how you want!?:confused: I dont think I could go to a to a slower car after the williams.

you should try the PD 150 not the 130. PD 150 has more torque than a jag v8 !!. 30 - 70 is v impressive... still a golf though, far too spongy for me

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Rajk on 29 May 2004

just buy a willy, that gives low down torque and has charecteristics of the valver!
Clean16v has 2.0 valver with big power and torque! Maybe hes just getting old before his time and needs a luxury(ish) barge instead of the raw 16v.

yep, the appeal of the clio is ovbvious, massive massive fun, but the golf just has a little more refinment, and makes alot more sense, not gonna sell up yet i dont think, prob wait til end of summer, not sure!

Its going to (hopefully) be hot soon so the heated seats wont be much use and leather gets silly hot in the sun and you wont be able to st on it! So thats the interior sorted!

Wait til the end of summer dude.