ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of 16v after PC polish with Meguiars

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Well I thought Id give the PC a go today on the 16v, and because of the crap weather I decided Id just try it on the bonnet, so this is what it had:

1. Meguiars #83
2. Meguiars #80
3. Meguiars #23 wax

First impressions are the PC makes waxing easy. It still takes time though - its not super-quick, although the arm-aching of old-school waxing no longer exists!

Pic of before (all washed and ready to wax)
http://www.cliosport.net/temp/before-wax.jpg

Pic of after
http://www.cliosport.net/temp/after-wax.jpg

I was suitably impressed with the results. If you look at the shadow of the house in the pictures, you can see how much more reflective the after shine is. I still need to experiment with the waxing technique and amount of wax to use for the early stages. I think the paint can come up even better.

Now I need to find time to do the whole car, then the R32 :(

(Thanks to 182_blue for your advice!)

106 GTi

Looks good - nice increase in gloss.

The two hardest things I found about the PC where judging the right amount of product and the pressure to put on the machine. To much polish and it takes ages to break down, not enough and a dry pad can lead to more swirls than it had in the first place.

Once the pad is primed I find you dont need to add much more product.

very nice jas,the finish looks alot deeper, and shine is improved by100%, also the red is alot more redder !!.

glad to be of help to you too, the thing to remember after #83 is that whilst 83 removes swirls etc it does actually dull the paint, and perhaps 2 apps with #80 after brings the paint back, and also adds extra shine too.

the pc isnt the fastest machine in the world, but thats why its safe for home use.

when doing a whole car i found the best method is to do say the bonnet and front wings, and really work the areas, and spend time getting it right, this will take a while but not as long as doing the whole car, and in turn if you did the whole car by the time you get half way through you start to rush and get bored, and the finish will be affected.

Lee

BMW M2C

You shouldnt have posted those pics Jas, because you are now going to do mine Donny South weekend. :D

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

They dont come cheap but youre going to keep them for life remember!

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 31 July 2005
cant see any difference... get back out there and work harder!! ;)

yea u can tell hes getting old cant ya...

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 31 July 2005

They dont come cheap but youre going to keep them for life remember!
exactly, you can use it car after car, will last years (you can also buy every part of the machine should a part go wrong)

you can even do a few cars on the side and make a few quid

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I cant even find the time to do a whole car :cry:, but youre right, you could certainly make a few quid.