ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

producer with no MOT

Mate got pulled last night, his car had no MOT as he forgot to get it renewed. Any ideas what wil happen to him, i heard its a set 25 quid fine, any ideas guys?

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 16 May 2004

at least 3 points and upto £1k fine like Neil says
That site doesnt mention points for this offence man, might be out of date though.

I think the harsh fine relates to the fact youre in effect driving without insurance by having an "unroadworthy" vehicle.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

dunno?

i drove around for a few days in my old car while it kept failing the mot!

mind u, the only thing it failed on the 2nd time, was lack of rear no. plate light, which, to my knowledge, it never had! still, it cost me £330 to repair in the main dealer! b******s

If he can go book the MOt with a garage, pref a guy he knows working their and say he booked it before the affense, he will get away with it.

tho........... not sure it will work unless he mentioned it at the time the producer was made out.

this is secound hand information but i was assured it was true.

i.e. MOT runs out, you get pulled over day after, sorry officer i dont actually have a vaild MOT certificate as the vechile could not be booked in untill 2morrow, officer makes a note on producer, your produce your leience and then the new MOT couple days later.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

same here, mines failed on little things but iv been out a few times in it!

330 for a rear plate light?

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

where u from mate??? my mates an mot tester!!! throw him some cash and he could sort it for ya1!!!

Nissan Jewk

i got pulled and didnt realise my MOT expired, got a caution, basically a slap on wrist but no more was said or done. Got 3 points still for my speeding

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I definately remember seing on a website somewhere that it carries no points, ithink because its through the department of Transport or something. Anyway it said the maximum fine is £1000 but if the vehicle is in good condition it is typically quite a small fine.

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 16 May 2004

Go and get one asap and say you coundnt find the form so you got one done to be double-y sure.

*Think* thats acceptable.. :confused:
I did exactly that, worst case scenario is caution, but get an MOT asap so it shows at least your car is roadworthy!

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 16 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 16 May 2004

Get a dodgy backdated one.
i guess you never said anything like that in your interview/assesment centre! :eek:

lol nah course not mate i always been straight down the line! was a bit of a throwaway comment tbh

dont u get a couple of days leeway once expired to drive to the place its getting an MOT done or the be repaired on things it failed on?

Mondeo STTDCI

I reckon hed be ok if he just got a new one TBH.

If its within a week of the producer Id just say Id got the producer jsut before my MOT appointment, and if I brought the old one it would be out of date so i chucked it. Heres the new one.

Thats assuming that he only "forgot" for a couple of days not months

190 BHP Willy 2

Your only allowed to drive it without a MOT if your driving it to a garage that its booked in at. Just driving it around is not covered.

Just get a MOT straight away and say you couldnt find the old one as mentioned above.

You also need to look at the bigger picture here, driving without an MOT may seem small but it invalidates your insurance as your car is classed as unroadworthy, this has a somewhat harsher penalty (driving without insurance) than not having paid 37.50 for an mot.

Tony