ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quickest 16v/williams cam belt method

Ive heard all sorts of theories and times quoted for replacing the cam belt and tensioners on a 16v/williams. quickest i heard is 2.5hrs by Nick Hill - there must be a special method to be able to do it that fast.

Whats the best approach in simple terms? e.g engine lift/drop or remove the following.....? etc etc?

any advice based on experience is much appreciated

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

bet he doesnt replace the idler wheel if it only takes him 2 1/2 hrs.put the engine on a jack and remove the top engine mount.jack the engine up so you can get your hands in.

williams and trophy

yep as above.............

took me about 4 hrs .....on the back street with no ramps, power tools etc..

just a jack n a socket set lol

I would personally move the whole engine aside by undoing the nearside hub and pushing the whole lot (less engine mounts) to the nearside of the engine bay. Gives you a few inches to work with.

With that method though, you only have to undo the loom and fuel rail to get the engine out.