ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R-Sport ecu

after this has been fitted to a car can it then be fitted to another 172 or once registered to a car is it somehow locked re alarm and imobaliser etc?

If it can be re used im going to get one as if I want to change my plans at a later date its not a total loss.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, AFAIUI the ECU registers the immobiliser code that its first hooked up to, so cant be just swapped over...

However, I believe it can be wiped and re-flashed in the future with the correct equipment.

Ask R-Sport about it as Id also like to know! ;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Any gen renault computer will memorise the first code that it receives and thats it.all the current diag equipment cant remove the code.all the computers we recieve from renault are in sealed packages and they wont accept them back due to you cant remove the code once it has been used.people have managed to bypass codes on older vehicles before but i have never known it done on one of the newer generation systems.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i know but its got to work with a gen renault electrical/immobiliser/diagnostic system so in some ways will have to operate like a genuine computer. i suppose though the people that will only really know would be r-sport seeing as they make this computer.Im sure somebody will find out.

The RSport ECU is just a Group N ECU, which I assumed was made by Renault? Shame they cant be re-set though :cry:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Im pretty sure that you can reset them, but you need a key from the car it was originally installed in, so the immobiliser code can be read...

Think Bob RTE knows how?!

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 03 December 2003

The RSport ECU is just a Group N ECU, which I assumed was made by Renault? Shame they cant be re-set though :cry:

The Renault Sport ECU is usually made by magneti-marelli and requires a special cable-tree.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 03 December 2003

Just get a dastek
Well, they are better, but they cost a lot more, require a session on the rollers to setup correctly, need hard wiring into the original loom, are not an ivisible mod, not able to be quickly fitted or removed, etc...

Theyre different things and cant really be compared!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the immobiliser code isnt stored in the keys on the new vehicles its stored in the injection computer and the uch.the immobiliser systems use calculations now instead of rolling codes.the key is sent a calculation to which it answers and the uch/injection computer checks it which will then authorise starting.the uch sends a different calculation every time and due to all the components being coded togethor it knows what answer to exspect back.Non of the renault diagnostic equipment will read the components and directly give you back the immobiliser code.the dealer has to use renault net to obtain codes.ive never known anybody who knows how to remove codes from computers using the latest generation immobiliser. i am also an rte and it would be useful to know how to remove codes but im 99% sure you cant.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ill have a root round and see if i can find a way but im fairly sure on the newer vehicles you cant.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 02 December 2003

This is not a "genuine" Renault item though...
It is - it has a "genuine" Renault part number thats different from the standard item anyway. :confused: