ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5GTT v VW 4motion V6

My mate turned up at me house this morning.. in a new VW V6 4 motion..

he said wanna come for a drve in it .... so he took for out in it... wasnt really that impressed.. for the size of the engine.. it certainly aint fast, and handles like crap around corners... i was in the back... and it seemed like a 2CV going round corners!!

got home.. and i got in R5.. and we headed off to some lanes and roads....

on acceleration.. untill the turbo kicked in on mine hed get the lead.. but soon as my turbo come in.. i was on his arse..

1.4L Turbo v 2.8L V6... slight difference hehe

i wasted him through the lanes... i was going round corners at speed.. he had to back off.. prolly woulda rolled it lol

wouldnt rate the V6 at all. and he was giving it some stick, no toying around...

when we took the car back to VW.. i pulled in before him.. and he got out the car and said he was Very impressed at how quick the R5 was.. he thought hed waste me completely

yup these are slow off the line and crap in the twisty bits, came up against one in my gtturbo and off the line i kicked his ass, later on the duel carridgeway (i think he was upset and came back for more) he had more mid range and pull when mine was running out of steam but when we got off the dually onto an a road i totally lost him he just couldnt stay with me, LOL

aye, gotta love it really... how a 12yr old car.. can still out perform new modern cars still.. hehe :D

im gonna get an ultra light flywheel fitted soon, so the revs run more freely

Having driven a 4motion for about 1800 miles to France and back Id say I would have to disagree with the non impressive speed of them.

From my findings they went like stink making a fantastic noise and had tonnes of go in any gear at any revs... much more than my williams.

Accepted they dont go round corners very well.

VW Potato

ah, ok - Im not really up to speed with the VW range, but I thought you could get 4wd versions of the other models, too?

g

I had a lightly moded R5 GT ,its not the sheer speed but the way it sticks to the road ,seems to be able to carry the speed.