ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wings/arches

190 BHP Willy 2

Can you still buy clio 16v rear quarter panels?

My drivers side arch is fooked. Its also started bubbling up behind the drivers door now. Dont know wether the best option is to get it all cut out or to source a new drivers side rear wing. Hmmmmm

Scott

Well, Im having my rear arches done..

They get a normal Clio Arch (£20 I think each..) and then cut mine out and blend that new one in.. easiest way - also means the rust wont come back if its done properly.

if you want to replace the whole quarter youll be looking at quite a pretty penny.when i dinged mine i was quoted at around 800 quid to get a new panel welded in, painted etc.

the way Daz is saying about is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Well, the way Im doing it is the way most people do.

If I remember, the whole 16v/Williams quarter panel is like £300 - £400 from Renault? Each side!

yep its about that price for a full panel!! like said its easyier if its cut out and a new section welded in etc and sealed properly

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 19 May 2004

If I remember, the whole 16v/Williams quarter panel is like £300 - £400 from Renault? Each side!
yeah sorry mate, thats what i meant. wasnt calling you a cheapskate,lol

and yeah, think a panel is about £375

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 19 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 19 May 2004

yeah sorry mate, thats what i meant. wasnt calling you a cheapskate,lol

and yeah, think a panel is about £375
Yea I know. Heh.. I was just saying that most people do it the same way, hehe.

190 BHP Willy 2

I was just thinking about getting a new rear quarter. I saw one on ebay about 3 months ago. it went for £150. I might do it properly and get a rear quarter. Would prob work out a bit more expensive but better in the long run. Am planning on keeping the car for a few years so want the car sorted this year.

I want it mint, stripped out, caged and poss next year a modified willie conversion.

Quote: Originally posted by big hp on 19 May 2004

Would prob work out a bit more expensive but better in the long run.
Wont make any difference - if you get a good job, only the bottom bit needs replacing.. as thats the only bit which rusts. Itll save a lot of money - and I cant see you gaining anything unless there is rust higher up!

Yea, but if you have the bottom of the arch cut out.. a new bit put and properly sealed.. it wont come back.. ever.

It only rusts cus the sealent is bad.. it depends who sealed it at Renault on the day.. and how good they were, heh.

Vee dub

Im dreading getting any rust on mine! I dont let it get dirty! lol

Id want to pay for a new wing if it happened on mine (personally)

Some of the prices are varying on here! £400? £190?

(touch wood i dont get any!)