ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault 5 GT Turbo refresh

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Lot of money, just how rare is an FQ400?
Rare now. They sell for 30-35k for average and 50k plus has been offered for concourse 3000 milers. In white only two exist, this one and the other lives in Germany.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
That's crazy! If you get it, will it be the bestest / rarest Evo you've owned ?
In short yes. However it comes at a cost of the R5. If doesn't sell I will be gutted to miss out. Thought about selling the M5 to fund but that's a no no.

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
In short yes. However it comes at a cost of the R5. If doesn't sell I will be gutted to miss out. Thought about selling the M5 to fund but that's a no no.
I reckon you're mad to sell the GTT, especially after the amount of work & cash you've just put into it. But then I guess this Evo is that one time opportunity.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Prefer the 5 :wink:

How's the M5 going (it is you with one isn't it).
There will be many that don't see the appeal :)

M5 is going well, kind of. It's currently sat at dealers waiting for the following...

New complete sunroof
New ABS controller
New aircon pump
New rear diff
New active seat bolster
New rear speaker

Approx 12k in parts.

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
There will be many that don't see the appeal :smile:

M5 is going well, kind of. It's currently sat at dealers waiting for the following...

New complete sunroof
New ABS controller
New aircon pump
New rear diff
New active seat bolster
New rear speaker

Approx 12k in parts.
Who made the list up you, or did it go in for work and they found the rest. All in warranty I hope.

What's up with the sunroof, my E46 M3 has one.....

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Who made the list up you, or did it go in for work and they found the rest. All in warranty I hope.

What's up with the sunroof, my E46 M3 has one.....
Problems just all popped up around the same time. Rear section of sunroof won't come down, aircon noisey, rear diff whines since fluid flush.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s4 avant
Haha im not suprised as i knew from when it was finished it would be for sale shortly after....

Do you lose alot of money going round in circles with your cars haha

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Madness. I don't get the love for the 400? Don't get me wrong it's a great car but is it just because it's white??

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  R.S 200
I'd rather have a 320-340 for half the money and hammer the guts out of it.

I'd be too cautious in that 400.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
400 value Is going to rocket in coming years, already started. 50k plus has already passed for one that has under 10k on clock.

You need to remember I have been around Evos since I was 19, 17 years on I still am. It's in my blood. Yes it's
Bonkers money but I won't lose a penny as long as car is sound.

Golf R
That Evo is 100% one of the first cars i’d buy after a lottery win.

Am i right in saying there were only 100 made available to the UK?

Any ideas how the colours were divided for the 100 i’d love to know?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
That Evo is 100% one of the first cars i’d buy after a lottery win.

Am i right in saying there were only 100 made available to the UK?

Any ideas how the colours were divided for the 100 i’d love to know?
The info is available somewhere. Certainly not 100 left now! Only two in white, one is the one I'm planning on buying, the other lives in Germany in museum.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Going by his posts is it not a risk? Seems like he has a lot of interest or is it usual forum talk?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Going by his posts is it not a risk? Seems like he has a lot of interest or is it usual forum talk?
Usual trader bull s**t. He does have genuine interest but he knows I won't dick about. Car will be checked over by Norris before I part with anything. Compression test etc.

Golf R
The info is available somewhere. Certainly not 100 left now! Only two in white, one is the one I'm planning on buying, the other lives in Germany in museum.
Jesus. Personally the launch gun metal grey would be my preference. They were knocking on for 50k new 14 years ago, weren’t they?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
so after the M5 is sorted are you selling that too. :tongueout:
Nope no need now.

Evo will be lovely.
I hope you get it.
Touch wood.

If you don't get the evo and have sold the R5 then I'll haunt you for ever....
Thanks mate lol :)

Jesus. Personally the launch gun metal grey would be my preference. They were knocking on for 50k new 14 years ago, weren’t they?
Yeah I do like the gunmetal very much.

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough. I don't get it though, he's only had it since July ? And he's selling already. Is that pretty common ?

A special one.
Underside restore.
Have you seen pictures of the underside as it is now mate?
It's not being restored to cover up rust or anything? (I know you know these cars well)

Also don't forget why you sold the last one that was mega, maybe you should have kept?

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Have you seen pictures of the underside as it is now mate?
It's not being restored to cover up rust or anything? (I know you know these cars well)

Also don't forget why you sold the last one that was mega, maybe you should have kept?
My old one was a pain in the arse as it needed to be modded but was totally standard.

Yes I have pictures, no rust just the usual corrosion on suspension components etc. Posted a thread link further back, you can see the work there.

Just been offered a mint R26 F1 in yellow with 30k on the clock also. Down the road. God damn.

A special one.
My old one was a pain in the arse as it needed to be modded but was totally standard.

Yes I have pictures, no rust just the usual corrosion on suspension components etc. Posted a thread link further back, you can see the work there.

Just been offered a mint R26 F1 in yellow with 30k on the clock also. Down the road. God damn.
Fcuk the Renault, buy the Evo.