ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

* Renault Announce Limited Edition 182! *

dk

911 GTS Cab

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1093385739__clio_rs_team_6.jpg

Well its happened, have just found a website I used when I was looking for info on the 182 last year and they have got a news article posted today that Renault have indeed got a special limited edition 182 in the pipeline which will be announced at the Paris Motorshow and available from October.

What it doesnt say is whether it will be only available in France or in other areas?

It is a cheap verison of the 182 with Inferno paint, FREE gordini stripes, no xenons, no climate (just manual air con) and no leather.

It is not a CUP replacement as the cup suspension and spoilers are still options but it is designed to be a cheap alternative with less luxuries.

It mentions something about abs and esp being serie whatever that means?

It is called the Clio 182 Team and has graphics on the side, rear and dash and also different scuff strips on the door frame. It also doesnt have the 182 steering wheel but looks like a Dynamique one?

The big question is though, will it be coming to Britain????????

the article translated into english is here

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rs-team.org%2Fhome%2Fhome.php%3Fp%3D9&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_toolshttp://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rs-team.org%2Fhome%2Fhome.php%3Fp%3D9&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_toolshttp://www.rs-team.org/home/home.php?p=9

and the pics can be seen here

http://public.fotki.com/dave182/182_limited_edition_team/http://public.fotki.com/dave182/182_limited_edition_team/

[Edited by dave182 on 24 August 2004 at 11:11pm]

Renault Laguna Coupe

They did a limited edition of the 172 called "PS2" in France - never made it over here. Expect lots of limited edition Clios now - new model coming soon.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 24 August 2004

They did a limited edition of the 172 called "PS2" in France - never made it over here. Expect lots of limited edition Clios now - new model coming soon.
Mike, I think they called the silver 172 cup the PS2, the blue was the Ragnotti AFAIK

Astra VXR 17/05/07

So much for the stripes being a tribute to the Gordini on racing blue 182s then :confused:

I like the colour but TBH one of the reasons i went for my 182 was the equipment levels,xenons,leather seats,climate etc Infact most of the things they seem to be leaving off !

Im sure it will appeal though at the right price.If it happens we can look forward to even more 182 v 182 Team debates and mine is faster than yours etc !!!!!

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 24 August 2004

Mike, I think they called the silver 172 cup the PS2, the blue was the Ragnotti AFAIK

correct, i have a few pics somewhere.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 24 August 2004

correct, i have a few pics somewhere.
Should hope so you own one! lol

If I was buying a Clio again, Id be waiting for the next limited edition! ;)

172, Tiguan

Dont worry Dave, it hasnt been mentioned on here, your the first.

Another Renault "piss off existing customers" tactic.

dk

911 GTS Cab

gven the choice, I would still pick mine everytime (and purposely wouldnt go for the inferno now as it is associated with a lower model should this be launched in the UK even though I do love the colour!) as some of the main reasons for choosing mine were, as mentioned above the climate, xenons and leather as standard, so it really wouldnt bother me if this is launched.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Its not pissing me off one bit.

The only thing that i like is the colour,i love the standard equipment of the 182,its one of the reasons why i went for it insted of its so called rivals.

Nice black plastic lumps where the headlamp washers should be lol They should at least colour code them !

i really hope it doesnt come with the stripes, its an insult to the gordini heritage if it does, and a big mistake on Renos part.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Good idea then - broadens the appeal of the range, more Renaultsport Clio owners = more power to our elbows. The 172 Cup turned out to be a really good thing - so will this IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Good idea then - broadens the appeal of the range, more Renaultsport Clio owners = more power to our elbows. The 172 Cup turned out to be a really good thing - so will this IMO.
ok, I agree, but how will this affect residuals! I mean essentially, if you have the cup suspension and cup spoiler options it is a 182 CUP.

Renault Laguna Coupe

who cares? Its just another model, and you didnt really buy a Renault because of strong residuals did you?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This car wont be any faster.

manual ac weighs the same if not more than climate.

its just cheapo "punt em out we need to keep this going for a bit" tactics.

FFS here we go again. Now we have the cheap 182 versus 182 verses 172 cup verses the original 172, now which is 0.000001 seconds quicker to 60????

172 Cup

thanx for the info but what do you know about the colours.

The other half is looking to place an order for a inferno 182 in the morning

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

if i were you i would wait until the paris show has been and gone.

or talk to you know who.

dk

911 GTS Cab

McShug, i would stick with the 182 and all its toys if thats what you want, inferno is a nice colour and will look good with the anthracite wheels, and as Tom says, this new model may not be inferno over here.

172, Tiguan

We are thinking when it comes to the uk it will be in a unique colour.

my guess is acid yellow.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by chrisba on 24 August 2004

Any ideas on how much cheaper it will be?
basing it on the french pricing it seems to be about £1500 less so maybe a price here of 13-13.5k?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

They seem to be diluting the Clio as much as they can so my guess is they will use acid yellow,dilute it and call it piss yellow.I can understand if its an improvement but if not then why !!!

A strange way of looking at it but its like Ribena,cracking drink until they start farting about with it,now its Ribena,Ribena toothkind,Ribena Oooh and Ribena Ahhhh....IT WAS GREAT AS IT WAS FFS !!!!!!!!!!

Do Renault own Ribena :p

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 25 August 2004

They seem to be diluting the Clio as much as they can so my guess is they will use acid yellow,dilute it and call it piss yellow.I can understand if its an improvement but if not then why !!!

A strange way of looking at it but its like Ribena,cracking drink until they start farting about with it,now its Ribena,Ribena toothkind,Ribena Oooh and Ribena Ahhhh....IT WAS GREAT AS IT WAS FFS !!!!!!!!!!

Do Renault own Ribena :p

Thats gota be the random comment of the day! LOL!

not a clio anymore

It mentions something about abs and esp being serie whatever that means?
Dave, série means standard. So it will have ESP and ABS.