ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Trackday at Donington

With less than two weeks to go to Donington Park excitement is building for what will be the final Renault Trackday of the year on Thursday, 4th September. It promises to be a cracking event as trackday drivers follow in the wheel-tracks of the Formula Renault and Clio Cup racers after their test day on one of Britain’s best circuits.

By arriving at 14.00 you will be able to see the race cars in action, Clio Cup cars have a session at 14.50 with Formula Renault following at 15.30. You will also be able to wander around the paddock and have a look at the cars at close quarters.

Of course, you will be meeting some of the Renault drivers during the trackday event, as six of the best will be your instructors, including 2001 Clio Cup Champion Danny Buxton and Britain’s top female racer Susie Stoddard. Renault Formula 3 ace Danny Watts will also be along to give hot rides in one of the two New Clio V6 255s Renault is bringing along.

We realise that after watching Clio Cup race cars testing you may want to find out what it is like inside one as it powers around Donington Park’s swoops and curves, so we have arranged for Colin Stancombe to bring his Clio Cup racer for some hot rides. If it’s open-topped thrills you’re after then put your name down for a ride in Graham Saul’s stunning racing Spider.

The timetable is now confirmed as follows:

14.00 Renault Trackdays exclusive car parking area opens

14.30 Welcome at the Renault Race Centre – coffee etc available

16.00 Signing-on at the Renault Race Centre, hot rides allocation

16.30 Drivers briefing

16.50 Cars to the assembly area

17.15 Cars in groups of five do familiarisation laps led by instructors

17.30 Open pit lane for lapping plus hot rides

20.00 Circuit closes, all cars return to paddock parking area

20.10 Dinner at the Renault Race Centre

At the time of posting this there are still some places available, but as both the Bedford events were sold out we advise booking now to avoid missing out. The cost is £150 for a solo driver and £195 for two drivers sharing one car. There is a £20 fee for spectators payable by credit or debit card by calling the Renault Trackdays hotline 01895 829288. Places available on a first come, first served basis.

MEGANE

I can post on this forum, i went to the first bedford track day, hope it stays dry because my tyres are a bit worn down!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 27 August 2003

Can you go up and spectate?
Theres a chance spectators may be able to get passenger rides too - Christine was trying to sort this out today. BTW in my experience if you just want to go along and watch you can just drive into the paddock - no questions asked. Ive done this before at Donington. Just tell the bloke on the gate youre there for the trackday.

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 27 August 2003

yep, £20 for spectators - says so at the bottom of the original message Daz
hah, sorry, my eyes were burning from the font at the time *RUNS* :D

**Trackday rookie needs advice**

Ive always fancied doing a track day but have been put off by people saying the wear on your car, tyres especially, is high. Is it true youll need a new set of rubber after thrashing round a circuit?? If I went on a trackday I would want to push my car cos thats the whole point but Im not sure if its worth the possible aggro afterwards if things start breaking.........

My cars well looked after but is creeping up towards 100K (Valver)...is it best to leave these days to the new breeds? Any advice would be great...cheers people. Paul.

you push your car according to how far you want to - and if you are worried about wear and tear then you can take it a bit easier - I was worried first time I put mine on the track too, but you really just drive how you want to drive.

Obviously there will be some wear and tear, and tyres will also be worn a bit, but you dont have to spend 2 solid hours on the track - you will be advised not to so that your brakes and stuff can cool down anyway.

S2000

Paul

As a rookie I doubt you will wear your tyres enough to need to replace them even if you are pushing it.

On the France trip last year my tyres were seriously melted after the track day, I had marbles flying off them all the way back to England I think but I didnt even replace them.

Dont leave it to the new breeds, we need more valvers and Williams doing this sort of thing.

Thanks for the advice, Ill put some cash aside next payday and keep an eye out!

Slugger, you only want more valver and Williams doing it so you cash thrash us! :D

S2000

lol paul

im not going to the donnington one actually :(

but no really there is always a noticeable absence of 16vs and williams on the Renault organised days.

Hot off the press:-

"Passenger Rides for Spectators!

We can now offer spectators the chance to have a hot ride in a Clio Renaultsport 172 Cup road car with a Clio racer behind the wheel at Donington Park. You will get three laps - out of the pits, one flying lap and then return to the pits. The cost is £23.50 and can either be paid by credit card in advance by calling 01895 829288 or cash/cheque on the day."

Renault Laguna Coupe

Or you can get one with me for £0. (Probably about what its worth with me driving!).

K youre up early today - doing anything special????