ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport trackday at Donington

We have just booked another trackday, this time at Donington Park - Clio RSi, Renaultsport 172s, Cups, V6s plus Mk1 Clio 16V and Williams all welcome.

Following the demand for our first two events - 27th June is now sold out with a queue of five reserves – we have put on a third event. Whilst Bedford Autodrome is a fantastic venue, Donington will bring you closer to Renaults motorsport activity and also take you onto an actual race track.

The evening track event on Thursday, 4th September is the same day as a Formula Renault and Clio Cup test day. This means you will be rubbing shoulders with Renault racing drivers and teams as they prepare for the weekend race meeting and sharing the Renault Race Centre facilities.

The emphasis will be firmly on members driving their own cars on an actual race track. One-make saloon preparation expert and driver Colin Stancombe, will give hot rides in his Clio Cup racer, plus Renault racing driver instructors will be giving more rides in Clio V6 and Cup road cars. Instructors will also be available to give you coaching direct from your passenger seat as you lap the famous Donington Park track.

The provisional timetable is as follows:

14.00 Renault Trackdays exclusive car parking area opens

15.30 Welcome at the Renault Race Centre - coffee etc available

16.00 Signing-on at the Renault Race Centre, hot rides allocation

16.30 Drivers briefing

17.00 Cars to the assembly area

17.30 Cars in groups of five do familiarisation laps behind the Safety Car

18.00 Open pit lane for lapping plus hot rides

20.00 Circuit closes, all cars return to paddock parking area

20.10 Dinner at the Renault Race Centre

The cost is £150 for drivers and £20 for spectators (sorry no passenger rides are allowed) payable by credit or debit card by calling the Renault Trackdays hotline 01895 829288. There are 50 places available on a first come, first served basis.

Im booked on the 27th June - cant wait! And Ill definitely be signing up for this one!! Nice to see Colin Stancombe there, especially since hes not racing this season - Ive been a customer of his for a good 10 years now, and hes the only person Id trust my Clio with :D

Great news! Renault Trackdays will allow two drivers to share one car at Donington, which Palmersport would not allow. The cost for two drivers is £195.

Quote: Originally posted by Cupman on 12 June 2003

Great news! Renault Trackdays will allow two drivers to share one car at Donington, which Palmersport would not allow. The cost for two drivers is £195.
I called for a quote for 2 drivers and they said £185. I have provisionally booked the places but will have to check with the other half ;)

You may want to check the £195 quote you were given?

Have just had a call back from Renault Trackdays and the price they gave me was wrong- it is £195.00 for two drivers.

Still a bargain though ;)

Just got the photographs from the Trackday at Bedford and there spot on. Pictures of every car plus the new V6 and racing spider. Sent from Grovewood who arrange the day with Renault.

Fancy going to Donningtion but £150 for two hours bit much, may still go though;)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

where exactly is Donnington?

****aaronc searches for that interest free credit card*****

MEGANE

Hope to go, great day at bedford, shame there was only one photo of me, must have gone out at the wrong time.

Yes, pix will be done by motorsport photographer Jakob Ebury.

Regarding track time at Donington, you will leave the assembly area at 17.30 for some familiarisation laps behind the instructors which should only take 15 minutes or so, then the rest of the eveing is yours until 20.00.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Donington is nice and easy to learn. In about 20 years you might actually find a good line through the Craner Curves ;)

I may not be welcome but at least I would have a brand new car that I wouldnt have needed to have made over 30 phone calls and 15 letters to both the dealer and Renault UK to try get the car to a standard it should have been sold to me and yet im still now where getting to this point some six weeks later.

My brother thinks im an idiot to get an RS but I cant afford anymore of my time running around trying to get what I paid for. It also has aircon, something which I wish was a option when I got my cup,too hot today made me feel :sick: Ford sales man also may not be former shoe salesman who know nothing about the cars the sold. Jeremy you really need to train your sales staff about the Cup as they know nothing apart from the finance, your the brand manager please do something about it as I love the Cup but I cant take anymore of the poor Renault service.

I dont mean to be a pain Jeremy as I have great respect for you being on here and organising the trackdays as you dont find many if any mass car compaines doing these types of things. I just get so fed up with dealing with morons who i pay my hard earned cash to. Really puts me of buying a new Renault which should worry you as Im on my second cup in 8 months!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Ive had terrible service from Ford dealers in the past, really, really bad, so I guess a lot of dealers are similar in the way they operate, the brand makes no difference.

i manage the fleet at work, so deal with lots of manufacturers/dealers and to be honest not one of them is perfect, whether they are Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Vauxhall, Rover, Ford, Audi, Saab - think it is pot luck what service you get - my Renault dealer might not be perfect, but they do try and help - or at least they have tried to help me when I have needed them - maybe you should put on a more alluring smile ;)

MEGANE

Booked up yesterday, ( J.T. think we should get a free set of tyres from RENAULT for the cup demo at coombe on sat.)

MEGANE

I was thinking of swapping nearside wheels to the offside(I.E.reversing direction) do you think this will be o.k.???