ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing kitchen cupboard doors..

KielT

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic 182, GTD
So I'm looking to change the doors in my kitchen (2 years old symphony one) Want a shaker style door really.

So my options are either make new doors, modify the current doors (not sure how good this will look), or buy new ones.

Anyone done something like this similar? Should I just go back to symphony directly and ask for a different option on the doors or has anyone used these online companies that offer the service?

If I was to buy from a online company I'd prefer to have a honest review about them first..

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm a kitchen fitter, if it was me I'd just get a price on the shaker style doors from symphony and see what it comes in at. No need for new hinges if none are damaged or worn. Other manufacturers door hinge positions are unlikely to line up unless you can get them un-drilled as some manufacturers will, and mark up and drill your own with a Forster bit.

Ol’ Tarby!

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
We're just about to have a quote from a company called dreamdoors. Pretty sure they're nationwide. Mate of mine had them out just before Christmas and he was quoted 5k, but he has quite a lot of cupboards, probably double what we have.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
We're just about to have a quote from a company called dreamdoors. Pretty sure they're nationwide. Mate of mine had them out just before Christmas and he was quoted 5k, but he has quite a lot of cupboards, probably double what we have.
Five grand ??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Quick Google suggests they're £20 and up.

Let's pretend he wants fancier ones at £100 a go.

Has he got 50 cupboards ?!

Five grand.

HAAAA.

BRB.. Gonna screenshot this and post it in the funny pictures thread (y)

Chuckles

ClioSport Moderator
Five thousand pound for doors? Serial?

Meanwhile: Jim’s mate...

1609794740815.jpeg

Ol’ Tarby!

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Sorry, should of added that's new worktops/sink/taps etc aswell. A full kitchen makeover but reusing the carcasses. Fitted.

Just supplying the doors would be much less

I didn't think that was too bad

Chuckles

ClioSport Moderator

KielT

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic 182, GTD
Appreciate the replies. I’ve emailed dream doors as there’s a local supplier near me, and messaged a symphony dealer as well for a price comparison.
See what they come back at and then go from there.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  A35 AMG
Don't go to symphony, they will rip you off big time

But atleast Symphony doors are all 'standard' sizes (715 high doors, 140, 283, 355 high drawer fronts) which means you'll have more options if you were just to buy doors online

Door prices can range based on the door you have, you could pick a cheap vinyl wrapped shaker, or go for a paint ashed or oak door which will be more expensive - but it sounds like you are going down the normal routes, we had a few encounters with Dream Doors (manufacturing the odd cabinet for them)

Any before pics?

KielT

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic 182, GTD
Basically the plan is to get the doors in the design we like, then paint them in colour we like. (Farrow and ball colours)

Not great pictures but this is currently as it stands. Excuse the mess as just been tiling the splash back..

Attachments

• 3DA603E6-8499-4498-AE8D-238017BE2FE4.jpeg
    3DA603E6-8499-4498-AE8D-238017BE2FE4.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 02337F27-6376-4CAA-8966-196B0EC80115.jpeg
    02337F27-6376-4CAA-8966-196B0EC80115.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 66

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  A35 AMG
Basically the plan is to get the doors in the design we like, then paint them in colour we like. (Farrow and ball colours)

Not great pictures but this is currently as it stands. Excuse the mess as just been tiling the splash back..

If it helps.. there is a local company to us called cutlist.co.uk

They’ve just started doing mdf doors, to any size and they offer them primed and ready for paint, think they offer a drilling service too. So you could buy those and paint them

KielT

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic 182, GTD
If it helps.. there is a local company to us called cutlist.co.uk

They’ve just started doing mdf doors, to any size and they offer them primed and ready for paint, think they offer a drilling service too. So you could buy those and paint them

Perfect thanks for that, I'll have a look now.

I did speak with Symphony just out of curiosity, they quoted me £1700.00 inc VAT