ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Went and collected this from @Old Tarby! on Saturday. The drive back from the 1930’s (Stoke) was good and the car never missed a beat.

Some may recognise it as it was also owned by @Daniel once upon a time.

It’s not mint and I wasn’t expecting it to be but it’s in bloody good Nick for a 12 year old car.

Due to a slightly longer trip to work now I wanted something that was going to be better on fuel. I averaged 50mpg coming back from Stoke which is much better than the Clio’s 30mpg on a good day.

Going forward my plans are to spend as little as possible on it other than a Snappy wheel refurb some Brembo calliper stickers.

View attachment 1451309
I've got the bits to do a short shift somewhere in the garage, meant to be a really quick job. Did similar on the r26, was a big improvement (just moves where the cable joins the linkage).

If I find them, I'll fire them over to you if you want?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've got the bits to do a short shift somewhere in the garage, meant to be a really quick job. Did similar on the r26, was a big improvement (just moves where the cable joins the linkage).

If I find them, I'll fire them over to you if you want?

I guess it works the same on Diesel’s? If so yeah that would be great brosef x

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
looks good, for the missing front splitter i just used this on mine with black screws (2mm,40mm)

diesel's use a pk4 gearbox so different linkage, same as the MK3 RS

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
When's it getting mapped?

I'm bit gutted I never got it done as I'd love to experience a mapped one. I bet it would really turn it into an epic car

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
A5F0663C-9971-47D2-B268-2A82EC801D54.jpeg

Welcome to the Megane dCi club 💜🖤💜🖤
Good job you like cleaning cars too...

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
If I drive mine like I stole it and lots of short journeys I still get 45mpg... I saw 71mpg from mine to Reading last year!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Love it! Owed a 175 myself for a couple of years and thought the engine was brilliant for a derv.

As said already, a great all rounder, it’s a shame Renault didn’t make more of them.

I sold my S3 (8P) and bought the 175 and I can hand on heart say that despite a 90bhp drop in power, I preferred the Meg to drive, it handled so well!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice buy I remember seeing it for sale on here when Daniel was selling and thought to myself it'd be a great car if you wanted that fun hatchback with the decent mpg all for a bargain price too.

I could easily see myself in something similar in the future as the monthly fuel bill seems to get higher and higher.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the 175 club. 5 doors are quicker and pull far more birds😉

20190813_184220.jpg
20190628_214409.jpg

Let me know when you want a Megane 250 LSD diff installing👀😉 Get it down to Engine Dynamics too, get that EGR mapped out and the DPF smashed to bits because they will give you nothing but shite!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member