ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rsport ECU fitting guide

Has anyone fitted this and how did you do it?

I cant seem to get the black cage unscrewed from the ECU. After disconnecting the battery, when i lock the car i now here a few bleeps after it has locked. All the red lights come on so bit confused. Is it something to do with the immobiliser not engaging?

Any help please would be well appreciated.

Ben

CTR EK9 turbo

on mine - we found it easier to remove the airbox and take the whole cage out including ECU. If you loosen the battery mounts you can slide it back to allow access to lower bolts on ECU cage.

Not sure about the bleeps tho?

Clio 1.6 16V

I agree with Simon. When myself and Gibbo did Neils we did as follows ( a while since I did this so may be a bit flakey!);

(Note: following a previous thread on this subject you must have a NEW ECU from RSport otherwise this will NOT work (car wont start). Apparently the immobiliser codes are programmed into the virgin ECU on initial connection/startup. If not you have to obtain another module (HID unit or somit?) plus the original ignition keys from the donar to get it to work).

Dont disconnect the battery
Slacken the battery clamp and slide the battery forward
Remove the induction tube between the TB and the airbox
Undo the two bolts at the bottom of the cage assy (behind battery)
Swing ECU and cage assembly up (you will have to remove the cable retention straps etc and plastic cable cover ...fiddly!)
There are 4 bolts holding the ECU onto the cage (two are fiddly!). Slacken them (if I remember correctly, remove two nuts then swing the alloy mounting bars outward )
The connector on the top of the ECU is removed by sliding the locking retainer back
The old ECU can now be removed ........ lobbed in the bin!! LOL
Fitment of the new is a reveral of the above
All being well the engine should start first time!
Takes about 2hours in all
Regards your bleeps with the alarm, you may have to take this back to Reno to get sorted. Must be somit to do with disconnecting the battery? Sounds like the alarm has logged the battery disconnect as a fault / alarm trip?

However, when I later spoke to BenR I think he suggested that the top part of the ECU cage could be removed whilst in situ. Although I couldnt see how you would get the ECU out by using this method ..... BenR .....????

Thanks for the replies.

Took it to Reno and they fitted it for me for £30. They asked why new ecu and I said Renosport sent it to me and it would improve drivability, so they agreed to fit it.

Not getting the bleeps but I did disconnect the battery, so I hope the immobiliser still functions - is there a way to check.

After a few days of running the car it seems to be improving day after day with mid range torque becoming much more punchy than before.

Redlining is much more fun now:D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenS on 29 July 2003

Thanks for the replies.

Took it to Reno and they fitted it for me for £30. They asked why new ecu and I said Renosport sent it to me and it would improve drivability, so they agreed to fit it.

Not getting the bleeps but I did disconnect the battery, so I hope the immobiliser still functions - is there a way to check.

After a few days of running the car it seems to be improving day after day with mid range torque becoming much more punchy than before.

Redlining is much more fun now
So what exactly is the deal with warranty then if you fit one???

I want one for mine, but dont wanna invalidate the warranty...

Reno didnt say anything about the warranty when they fitted it, so i guess its down to them if anything goes wrong. I think Renosport would surely step in if something happend, like the engine blowing up.

How much are these chips?

what gains are to be made from fitting one?

Is there a list of other available parts from RenaultSport...or group N parts that can be fitted?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenS on 29 July 2003

Reno didnt say anything about the warranty when they fitted it, so i guess its down to them if anything goes wrong. I think Renosport would surely step in if something happend, like the engine blowing up.
You do know that R Sport is NOT Renault Sport mate?!

Think Ill ask at the dealer...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by canfordcliffs on 29 July 2003

How much are these chips?

what gains are to be made from fitting one?

Is there a list of other available parts from RenaultSport...or group N parts that can be fitted?
Its only for the Cup mate, not even the 172