ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrooge’s Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So with the Range Rover being stolen no courtesy car or sign of a payout anytime soon from the insurance company, 43 days as a minimum (I’m still waiting). I was on the fence, what the f**k do I replace it with? I properly loved the RR, massive sense of specialness sitting in that thing, loved every journey, amazingly enjoyable to drive for such a big car. The wife loved it too.

This is the second car we’ve had stolen and quite frankly I’m f**king fed up with it, I don’t want to be worried about cars being stolen all the f**king time. So I set about looking for something older and I really wanted petrol again. Specifically V8 because, wellthey’re epic.

Id really grown to the idea of an SUV as we loved the SUV so much, I fancied a Porsche too as I briefly thought about having a C4S 996 it was an itch I needed to scratch. I knew wanted quick as f**k again, that left me looking for a Cayenne Turbo, there were two in budget. One had full hearing aid badge interior, all the chrome and generally just a bit coffin dodger spec tbh. Then this one, with the periwinkle blue interior. It looked brilliant, it was fairly local at Slades garage so went and test drove it. I was a little disappointed at the speed of it on the test drive but I still knew I really wanted it so put a deposit down and picked it up a few days later.

1A203AC0-C653-47E9-B029-5FB149EA477F.jpeg
0BEC51D8-1951-430F-BA90-B40D536162A2.jpeg
8FCBB9AB-E81C-470C-B478-D87BDF72564D.jpeg
9F0A230F-BC13-400D-A320-D7700360D067.jpeg
C3AF3D9C-0634-45D3-A731-C0B276A77922.jpeg

The best thing about this is that’s is stupidly well maintained, it’s had the common problems sorted Ie the transfer case and the coolant pipe b****cks that requires an engine out. In fact it’s had more than half what I paid for spent on it in the last 8k miles. Lol.

I believe I got it cheap because it’s a 2010 registered car and a turbo even though it’s a 2011 model 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, I absolutely love it, the colour, the interior, the drive. It just ticks so many boxes. Now everything has had a chance to adapt the thing absolutely flies. It can send all of its power to the rear wheels, and it really does, this thing will slide at 70, it’s hilarious. It has the fancy pasm suspension etc so it has absolutely zero body roll, just keeps gripping, the steering is acceptable. The only thing letting it down is the brakes, after cooking them on the way home from picking it up the discs were blue ffs, not much pad left or meat on the disc either so that’ll be £500 spend lol

4D92B0E0-71F8-4E15-8BB8-54EA57C63F77.jpeg

I still don’t prefer it over the RR, maybe that’ll change overtime 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some other random images of it
F1C0532E-F118-4EEE-A875-168DDEE1A6EB.jpeg
B7955565-B06B-4DE5-BD79-B6E36DF2CEA3.jpeg
801F7BEF-1D5C-4EBE-900F-86745FE28298.jpeg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
That interior is, well, different. Apart from that, what an epic barge. Any plans to remap it or anything?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My brother has got the v8 diesel one on a 13 plate.

400bhp and s**t loads of torque and still does 35mpg. I love it.
The 4.2 v8bis tremendous. That good the boss bought 2 of them because they stopped making it.

Great choice Ant. The brakes feel more of an issue due to weight. I've driven so many miles in the Cayenne and the brakes remind you what weight you're trying to anchor!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My brother has got the v8 diesel one on a 13 plate.

400bhp and s**t loads of torque and still does 35mpg. I love it.
That’s the one I should’ve got, but I just really wanted petrol again.
Still looks modern and the colour is lovely. What was the first wagon nicked?
14’ Fiesta ST2 when it was bang on 2 years old
That interior is, well, different. Apart from that, what an epic barge. Any plans to remap it or anything?
Interior nearly stopped me buying it until I see it, I f**king love it, that blue leather is everywhere, even inside the door pockets. In the flesh it just looks right.
The 4.2 v8bis tremendous. That good the boss bought 2 of them because they stopped making it.

Great choice Ant. The brakes feel more of an issue due to weight. I've driven so many miles in the Cayenne and the brakes remind you what weight you're trying to anchor!
They fell worse the RRs and that was heavier with similar spec brakes so I’m hoping with a refresh I’ll be happy
You and I have very different definitions of what's a theft magnet and what isn't.
An 11 year old car must be low on the stolen to order list. Another reason I bought this is that it was ordered without keyless entry and go 👌

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2 & VRs 230
Keys scanned and followed you home most likely!? Absolute chunts. At least they didn’t come in the house, that’s a different level.

yes that is the worst. Worst part is some jogging pant wearing turd has been in your house.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
There is probably a reason why the titanium blue interior is rare tbf but it does look so much better in person.

RS4
I have been keeping my eye out on these and I saw there were about 3 for sale. Your blue one and two white ones

How does it compare space-wise to the sport? It looks a bit smaller to the eye but not sure if they are in reality.

The alloys looking stunning on yours. Are they from the facelift?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have been keeping my eye out on these and I saw there were about 3 for sale. Your blue one and two white ones

How does it compare space-wise to the sport? It looks a bit smaller to the eye but not sure if they are in reality.

The alloys looking stunning on yours. Are they from the facelift?

Definitely not a common car are they!

Space wise it’s definitely smaller, not by huge amounts, I think the thing that makes it feel smaller is the lack on pano roof as that made the inside of the sport feel huge! Boot space is similar but a tad smaller. From the outside they look smaller and pried next to my mates Q7 it look really small lol

The alloys are from the Cayenne sport package, expensive and rare it seems. f**k knows the bloke didn’t spec the body kit to go with it, they all seem to be on the diesels for some reason lol

Hxrry

ClioSport Trader
My uncle had one of these but the diesel one, and my Dad had a Macan S (3.0 v6 diesel) of the same year, I much preferred the sporty driving position of the macan but the cayenne was better in every other way. I bet that thing of yours flies and is still super comfy!!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It’ll never see these kind of MPGs again, my house to Peterborough
FC8D99EA-9872-470D-977F-91937FBB1963.jpeg

Last edited: