ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat Leon Cupra 290

Hi folks!

It's been a while. Been busy moving out/relocating, moving jobs, etc.
As some of you may recall, I had an FN2 that turned out to be the workhorse before I relocated. It was time to get rid...feel like I've well and truly upgraded.

Car is a 2016 Seat Leon Cupra 290 with the DSG box (the noise is epic).
It's quick...very quick. Just seems like it pulls forever.

Bought it a month ago with 19k on the clock from Seat. Tried a few including the manual and this was the complete package for me.
Got a great deal too!

It's Dynamic Grey that looks ace in certain light.

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

mr bognor

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
I recall reading a group test with this and the Civic type r and Golf R and I think they said it all ways felt the quickest out of them .

Looks very smart

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Love these. It will be a toss up between on of these and a M135i when new car time comes.

How quick is the dsg in sport/race on downshifts?

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've leased one of these for almost 2 years, same colour but with a manual gearbox. It has been 100% reliable over the 14k miles, with an average of around 34 mpg. It's a lovely car to drive and destroys almost anything on the commute. Enjoy!!

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
What do you think of the manual box dude?
Its a decent smooth gearbox but very 'VAG group'. I think the car would suit a DSG box.

Ride is hard even in comfort mode, not that I mind but passengers tend to moan...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Cooper S
What's the deal with these brand new now? Just looked on SEAT's website and the only Cupra you can select is the estate, for which it pops up with a notice about very limited availability! Is it because they're moving them over to their new Cupra separate-brand thing? Hope they're still available in 3 door as that seems to be such a dying breed now!

Looks great though mate. Like the colour. Feels like maybe it needs some skirts for a bit of deepness side on? As the front and rear both look good.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
My brother has a DSG 280 and as you say its very capable, hoping once he's done with it he might strike me a good deal as I bloody love it as a package.

What's the deal with these brand new now? Just looked on SEAT's website and the only Cupra you can select is the estate, for which it pops up with a notice about very limited availability! Is it because they're moving them over to their new Cupra separate-brand thing? Hope they're still available in 3 door as that seems to be such a dying breed now!

Looks great though mate. Like the colour. Feels like maybe it needs some skirts for a bit of deepness side on? As the front and rear both look good.
Seat have stopped making them now. Last few 300’s are being delivered and that’s it! They recently released a Cupra R 310 (24 UK cars and they sold out instantly I believe).

The skirts where an expensive factory option unfortunately, but a common upgrade so I’ll get them sorted along with a lip.

Looking at an APR stage 1 remap, but it’s not desperate. It’s quick enough for now. The map takes it to 360bhp...?

Civic type r fk8
Had my 290 for a year now, do it all car for me, engine amazing, enjoy yours looks good :)

mr bognor

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
What is the stock torque and what does the remap take them too ?

Seat have stopped making them now. Last few 300’s are being delivered and that’s it! They recently released a Cupra R 310 (24 UK cars and they sold out instantly I believe).

The skirts where an expensive factory option unfortunately, but a common upgrade so I’ll get them sorted along with a lip.

Looking at an APR stage 1 remap, but it’s not desperate. It’s quick enough for now. The map takes it to 360bhp...?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Had a 300 on order and cancelled as the mrs changed jobs and it wasn’t suitable. Go for peanuts relatively second hand aswell. Great cars.

What's the steering feel like on these? My mum had a Seat years ago and it had literally zero feel, it was completely numb, you had no idea what was happening at the tyres lol

Get it mapped when it's out of warranty, bloody rapid!
That's the plan. Got a years manufacturers on it, so will do cosmetic bits until then ;)

What's the steering feel like on these? My mum had a Seat years ago and it had literally zero feel, it was completely numb, you had no idea what was happening at the tyres lol
It's pretty numb in comfort or eco, but sharpens up in sport and Cupra.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Got me looking on AT now, Not many seem to have been specced with Adaptive Cruise which is a shame as it makes motorway cruising so.much easier.

Good read that, have you put it to the test yet? I ask as if I get one it would also be a track hack as well as a daily and my current MBQ platformed Octavia VRS is hopeless coming out of tight bends and just lights up in inside wheel for fun.
I have to a point yeah, seems good to me.
Not like the DC5 was (obviously) but it pulls you in nicely.

mr bognor

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
oooffff that is some torque for a FWD .

My little Fiesta is pushing out 320 LB/Ft and second gear is a no go for WOT even running wider AD08R tyres and suspension and Quaife LSD so cant think what 370 LB/FT must be like in FWD :)

Stock figures are 290bhp and torque peaks at 280lb/ft

Remap from revo or apr takes it to 360bhp and torque up to 370lb/ft.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I managed to get the super good deal for the 290 lease!

Got a DTUK tuning box for it as it was obvs under warranty. It was rediculously quick with that. So I’d defo say get a remap. There really wasn’t much that could keep with it when rolling. Front wheel drive so 0-60 was never going to be amazing. But anything 30+ and it has to be some seriously machinery to keep up let alone pull on it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good read that, have you put it to the test yet? I ask as if I get one it would also be a track hack as well as a daily and my current MBQ platformed Octavia VRS is hopeless coming out of tight bends and just lights up in inside wheel for fun.
The silver vRS in your avatar? That’s not MQB..?

Not too much to update on this. Had it a year and a half and it does everything so well.

Fitted a bigger turbo elbow and silicone intake pipe last week. Whacked some extended paddles on too for manual mode. Work well! Also got a dogbone mount and res delete ready to go on!

Pics after a wash this morning 👍🏼
27C23A25-7FAE-4A17-B704-1A62D7CE6468.jpeg

E6A91D4B-09A0-469A-9A24-323E6AFD3C95.jpeg