ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

something going right

some may remember my post about our lethargic 172

its good news

its getting slightly faster themore i drive it, i ran it empty the other day and filled up with some super, dont know about know about optimax but it did slightly improve the car no loads but enough to make adifference

olling in first and planting the loud pedal the front tires struggle mfor grip but the only thing letting car down now is the super crap/slow throttle response other than that its going good

who finds the rev counter cant keep up with engine rpm in first

when i floor it it will bounce off limiter with shift light lighted up but the tacho only shows 5.5k at the time, wierd the rev counter to slow to keep up with enigne

anyway car lookig promising but its still not lightning quick

Wish Renault would get their build quality sorted out. I cant really put into words how much better the engine in my MK1 is compared to my MK2.

5.5k at rev limiter?! Id be asking for a replacement car if I were you :sick:

not really rhys

the car must be reving up to at least 7.2k in our 172 and the shift light comes on early.

i feel in not kickin in ealry as i get 40 out of first but the tach nedle movement speed is a bit slow for the job in first lol

the engine are the same mate but the engine management are different, when the mk2 was reviewed by the press a lot raved about the mk2 beter spread of torque but it sems to on reduced nthe urgency of mk1 engine

can u not runa mk1 ecu on a mk2

Quote: Originally posted by wongy008 on 25 June 2003

can u not runa mk1 ecu on a mk2
Dont think so. MK2 is a fly by wire throttle. MK1 has the bog standard cable. Im totally happy that my current 172 is doing what it should do, power wise. Dont car if its a 162 or a 172 or a 182. All I know is that it shifts like buggery and the old one that I had didnt.

Is your 172 still under warrenty cover? It doesnt sound right at all.

Rhys

yh its still under warranty

hard to explain really

but im happier with it now a feels like a fastish car

bit wallowy on corners though but its under warranty so ant touch it

craggy vts must be rapid if its keeping up with ur fast mk1 172

Craggys VTS has been proved time and again to be rapid. It was running 14.7s (same as a V6 clio the same day!) all day at york last week. Im more pleased that I can keep up with him! Im very keen to take the MK1 to York on the 27th July as I think that it can put in a good time.

Renault didnt actually notice that Id lowered my MK2, by the way!

172 Cup

Shift light at 5.5k in first = engine not warm enough yet, should be 7k when warmed up.

it lights up at 5.5k for some reason only in first but on second its 7.2k

dont know why but the light stays on till 7.2k in first just it comes on suprisingly early