ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plugs replacement

1998 BMW e46 323i
ok how hard is it to replace the plugs on a sport? is the intake manifold difficult to remove and refit, do i need a new gasket etc...

any advice appreciated as my mechanic wants all the money i will ever earn to do this for me.

john

Lionel Richie
oh NGK spark plug part number is

NGK PFR6E-10 (-10 might not be included)

gap is 0.85 to 0.95mm and should already be set from new when you buy the plugs

1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks for that Fred. V.helpful!

So it's easier than replacing the plugs on my old e36 320i? But more expensive...

And why is the gasket renewal not entirely necessary? Does it depend on condition?

Lionel Richie
you're "meant" to replace the gasket everytime, its only about £3 or £4, but if you can't be bothered to drive to the nearest renault dealer, try to explain what you need, then be told they're out of stock and it'll be 4 days after waiting 30min............etc

just reuse it if looks fine (ie no bends etc)

1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks a lot Fred. Renault Liverpool probably haven't heard of the part and would need convincing of it's existence. So I'll probably wing it.

Link doesn't work

I needed to register and now i need to wait for a moderator to activate my account :(

1998 BMW e46 323i
Bought 4 plugs from 'CES UK' for £35. Took 30 odd mins to replace the plugs. Easy as, like Fred says, X7 10mm bolts. Undid the air intake and a few sensor connections. The manifold was fine too. Bish bash bosh.

Thanks Fred. A great help

1998 BMW e46 323i
The gasket was 'A ok'. Why replace it? If it fails it's like you say only £5 and would take no time to renew. No problem

Lionel Richie
you're "meant" to replace the gasket everytime, its only about £3 or £4, but if you can't be bothered to drive to the nearest renault dealer, try to explain what you need, then be told they're out of stock and it'll be 4 days after waiting 30min............etc

just reuse it if looks fine (ie no bends etc)

^thats why^

we always do, but we have a trade account and have stock of them all the time, for some people the above reason in my quote is enough to put people off!

Just for the record i just phoned Renault, none are in stock anywhere in the country pretty much (bar a few places). Also they went off to ask there engineers and apprently they "never" change them.

Also they have never ordered one in the past lol.............shocking i felt!

Can anyone tell me where i can get one from? id like to change any seals i disturb in this process.

Skoda Fabia vRS
just because they dont have any in stock doesnt mean they cant get them, they can have you one within 48 hours easily unless its a france job which i wouldnt expect it to be

the only reason i can see why you might have a problem getting them is if they come in packs of 10, the dealer might not want to order it as they may never sell another one

i can bet Pollokshaws Rd (Scotland) had it in stock, they have EVERYTHING !

john if you ever do need one, i work at Arnold Clark St Helens in parts so give me a call, 01744 454330