ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera Flashed

172 GTR

Went through a speed camera today on the A1 at 75 MPH. It was one of the Gatso type and it double flashed at me. I was deffo only doing 75 MPH. I thought the cameras are set on the basis of a 10% + 2 MPH tolerance. ie.30 MPH limit = 35 MPH or over (actual speed) or 70 MPH = 79 MPH (actual speed) or above you would get a ticket. Also does the cars speedo read a little over? I drive through that camera at the same speed every day and its never flashed me before. What do you guys think.

Strange - they could have lowered the trigger speed to get more prosecutions!

Dont forget, if your speedo *is* 10% out then you could actually have been doing 82.5mph (75mph + 7.5mph), so its best to do the limit through it just in case...

Have you got standard wheels? If youve got bigger rims then the rolling radius is bigger and your speedo will under-read your actual speed :confused:

Cross your fingers mate and pray that they are slow enough to take longer than 14 days, making it Out of Time and therefore invalid!

RB 182

I love the t-shirt White16Valver had on last week, it had a picture of speed camera and said Tonys piggy bank

PMSL!

Clio 197

Ive been flashed many times, with no concequence, due to it being below the 10% + 2....

... but I got done for 36 in a 30 believe it or not! (over 10% + 2)

As it was only just over the limit, I wrote them a nice letter, and they offered a "Safe Driving" education session, rather than points.

So, dont worry if youre only just over the limit, as theyre likely to be running this pilot scheme... fingers crossed.

RB 182

Those t-shirts are brilliant on that site!

Was stuck in traffic this morning and when past a mobile speed camera, was well funny coz no one was going anymore than 5mph!:D

Good to see our taxpayers money being spent well on highly necessary overtime payments... :mad:

*sigh*

Anyway, I guess I better log off! Treat yourself to a T-shirt for Xmas - you know you want to ;) lol

I would find it highly unlikly that you will get a ticket.

Chances are you were doing 72mph (actual speed) They would be afool even to try you at 75mph as a good lawyer could turn it over with all the ifs and buts!

Elise/VX220/R26

172 speedos are gps proven to be spot on. Just hope that it didnt have film in it.

If it flashed and there film in it you will get a ticket no mistake. My parters dad got one from a speed camera for 33 MPH. There is a LOT of misinformation about speed cameras. I would have thought a 30 camera would be set to 35 but my dad in laws case proved that wrong.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Gutted, but,

I dont think that there is any consitancy with the rules that people say (ie 10% + 2mph etc), I have been through cameras at varying speeds with varying size wheels on, and never been done (touch wood, might have 3 in the post though).

I went through a mobile on the M1 doing 80 (with 15s), and never heard anything, by the same note, some people might have got done.

Unfortunately the best thing to do is do the limit if you dont wanna get points. MIght be a lot tighter over the Chrimbo period.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by jonathon555 on 18 December 2004

Get some anti flash plates.

they sort of work.

ive got them on my motor

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1102788582__IMGP008114.jpg

They are good mate but if you are caught with them you are f**ked. Im guesing no one can see your plate at night if they are driving behind you with their lights on? If thats the case then you would be buggered if the Police were behind you at night.

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 18 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jonathon555 on 18 December 2004

Get some anti flash plates.

they sort of work.

ive got them on my motor

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1102788582__IMGP008114.jpg

They are good mate but if you are caught with them you are f**ked. Im guesing no one can see your plate at night if they are driving behind you with their lights on? If thats the case then you would be buggered if the Police were behind you at night.
these plates dont work, they just reverse the image (i.e negative it) and voila your plate is there, also there are different plates and these also can still be read with a bit of digital trickery, also having the plates on will leave you liable to prosecution

they dont work, i have seen them being downloaded from cameras (anti flash plates), and it takes about 5 seconds to fix the picture so it can be seen again

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 18 December 2004

they dont work, i have seen them being downloaded from cameras (anti flash plates), and it takes about 5 seconds to fix the picture so it can be seen again
whats the reg on the clio then ?

I have been gatsoed twice with them on & so far so good.

I have also been pulled at night by the police for driving on the phone, with the plates on the car.

They look the same as any other plate, i agree that some people do sell sh*t versions of these plates & they are discoverable by the method you have mentioned.

But it all depends on the material they use & the component part inc. perspex .

But i will only use these plates on all my cars

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

10% + 2 is a *guideline* figure given out by the assocation of police officers (or something like that...) to forces, they dont have to use the guidelines as theyre obviously, erm, guidelines!

133/225/CLS AMG

You may not necessarily get a fine/points. Ive gone through three cameras since I started driving and got flashed twice each time never had a ticket come through though.

Fingers crossed nothing will happen.

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 17 December 2004

Good to see our taxpayers money being spent well on highly necessary overtime payments... :mad:

*sigh*

Anyway, I guess I better log off! Treat yourself to a T-shirt for Xmas - you know you want to ;) lol
purchased;)