ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking noise on turning the wheel

My Cup has started to develop a nasty squeaky noise when I turn the wheel left more than right whilst applying the power. No juddering. Steering and brake fluid OK. Cant see anything untoward.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

I get a squeak from my suspension when coasting / slowing down over bumpy roads / town roads. Dont know what it is and has only done it since Reno looked at my suspension for an intermittent knock on full lock.

I have the same problem, I have had the bearings and lower suspension joint/hub (which containes the bearing) changed. This seems to have repaired the problem but renault go through bearings like nothing else.

But yours is a cup, so it could be a completely different problem.

Cheers guys, went in to Renault today, and of course they had no idea whatsoever what it was. The idea was, drive it a bit longer and see if it goes away. Its a bit like going to your GP really...

where does the noise appear from? is it more so inside the car (steering wheel issue), or defo hear it more from the engine bay area? just wondered as i had an annoying squeaking prob, and turn out to be a prob with the steering wheel rather than anything outside the car as i originally thought :)

Is it not the rubber catching on the steering rod just next to the pedals. Have a look there because mine came loose and was catching on the rod everytime i turned, makin a nasty squeek

Thanks guys, took the car to an independent little garage, where the guy correctly identified it as an assymmetrically worn brake pad, with a wear indicator or something in it, that was intermittently rubbing the disc! Changed pads, no problemos!