ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Switching to EE after 20 years of Voda...

I have six mobile lines and one ISP account with Vodafone.

I'm sick of poor reception on the way to work (London/Surrey - 5G if I'm lucky and even then it seems to fail to connect) and Vodafone is no longer the provider of choice in the Lakes for my parents, with EE apparently now being the choice locally.

My question is, how can I test EE will be any different on my commute without transitioning us all over, pan to fire? Just get a few PAYG sims?

Vodafone, when recently discussing account renewals, suggested all UK providers were experiencing the same due to the carve out of Huawei gear from the UK network... I know the reasoning to be true but is that reality i.e. all mobile network strength has been affected?

Any ideas welcomed.

Simon_16v

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a look at some of the EE MVNOs who either do a Pay and Go sims or rolling monthly. Some people reckon there are speed differences between the MVNOs and main networks but I've not noticed anything to support that rumour.

Reactions: JD

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone is still the only provider that gets me good signal at home JD, you know where I am in that dip. When we moved in it was between them and EE. I get good reception into London too but 5G is very patchy.

I would personally get a PAYG sim to try it out with, being stuck with poor reception (regardless of what they tell you it will be like) for a year (or buying out of the contract) would wind me right up.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
They all lie, according to EE my signal strength is 100% so why do they drop in & out when calling to complain!

Ofcom site shows ok outside shite inside, who’s figures are correct 🧐

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'd have a look at some of the EE MVNOs who either do a Pay and Go sims or rolling monthly. Some people reckon there are speed differences between the MVNOs and main networks but I've not noticed anything to support that rumour.

I had a plusnet sim for my son and I was on EE. He never had signal and I did. Apparently they don't use all of the network or something

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I have six mobile lines and one ISP account with Vodafone.

I'm sick of poor reception on the way to work (London/Surrey - 5G if I'm lucky and even then it seems to fail to connect) and Vodafone is no longer the provider of choice in the Lakes for my parents, with EE apparently now being the choice locally.

My question is, how can I test EE will be any different on my commute without transitioning us all over, pan to fire? Just get a few PAYG sims?

Vodafone, when recently discussing account renewals, suggested all UK providers were experiencing the same due to the carve out of Huawei gear from the UK network... I know the reasoning to be true but is that reality i.e. all mobile network strength has been affected?

Any ideas welcomed.
Not sure if you know , it’s not a way of a test but there’s websites that shows you networks and the areas that they cover

Not sure if you know , it’s not a way of a test but there’s websites that shows you networks and the areas that they cover
Thanks, yes - first thing I checked but they are EE and Vodafone own websites… pinch of salt given it says full coverage in my area and it’s shocking.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Nice one. Thanks.

This is what i told them yet they say 100% in my area c##ts

9A4D8D21-47A3-4D60-9F16-1CFF02372472.jpeg

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
God, I hate Vodafone. Worst mistake I made was switching me and the Wife over last year, unlimited data but can never bloody use it. Its honestly been the worst signal ive had, ever. It genuinely seems like I cant get solid data anywhere.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
They have all got wise to sim-only though, its £20+ for EE, 24 month contract with capped speed. w*****s.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I found that it's better to have family members on different providers - for this exact reason.

I've been with O2 since the BT Cellnet days and tbh, they have been fine for the most part. If I get crap coverage, I can almost guarantee that my wife's Voda-powered mobile will be OK - and vice versa.