ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thats better! (earth)

silver valver/hybrid

just thought id share this with everyone, incase someone has made the same mistake i did. basically when i earthed my amps i just bolted them to the boot lock, it worked so i carried on with the boot build. now i have been told that even though it works it isnt an ideal earth as it was. i had no chanch of moving the earthing point now as i had got so far with the build so i took the boot lock to peices,

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105800110__100_1676.jpg

using a hammer, a screwdriver and a junior hacksaw. then i went about cleaning up those surfaces and the other sides with a file and sandpaper till they were nice and smooth!

then i sanded down the paint to bare metal where the boot lock sits

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105800089__100_1675.jpg
then i put it all back together, and switched it on. i dont have a volt meter but the amp gives a voltage readout, before it was showing 13.1v now it is showing 14.4 so its deffo an improvement! next thing to do is to upgrade the big three im taking pictures of everything i do so i will probably post most of the stuff i do up here.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Yep, always a good idea to grind down to the metal around the earthing point. A bad earth can c**k you system right up

silver valver/hybrid

havent yet mat, that was the next job, gonna get some tomorrow morning hopefully

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i get the same voltage at the amp as i do at the battery (system off) so i presume mine is ok

never thought about testing it with a multimeter though, good idea

ill have to test mine when the engine is runnin see what i get then

Skoda Fabia vRS

i took out the drivers side rear light cluster, drilled a hole, stripped some of the paint away on the inside of the car, and bolted my earths through the hole, put the cluster back on