ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BMW Thread

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi folks.

My younger brother wants to get into a bimmer (yeah yeaaaaaaah) and keeps sending me absolute weapons. He is absolutely clueless. He tries his best though.

He sent me this last night. About an hour and a half away. Wants to go and view it. MOT history is interesting. Mileage all adds up but it failed a couple of years ago, did 300 miles and then passed over a year later. Bit odd.

Anything you spot that doesnt make sense id appreciate your thoughts before I do 3 hours driving....

Offer at least 50% above asking price as it's appreciating. Don't wait too long incase it doubles while you're there.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
In case anyone else actually makes any effort to look, don't bother. I've torn it such a new arsehole over its mot history that my brother has bailed on the idea 🤣

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Managed to get my wiper linkage swapped out this morning. Ballache of a job, but all sorted now 👌🏻

DSC_8921.JPG

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Nothing new really, ordered some M Performance front grills as I've had enough of seeing double slat grills on 318d's with those paedophile M colours on the grills. So I'm swapping them out after 4 years.

Just thought I'd post my pics from New Years eve/day (1am).

20220101_005512 (1).jpg
20220101_005759 (1).jpg

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Nothing new really, ordered some M Performance front grills as I've had enough of seeing double slat grills on 318d's with those paedophile M colours on the grills. So I'm swapping them out after 4 years.

Just thought I'd post my pics from New Years eve/day (1am).

View attachment 1574389View attachment 1574390

I can confirm I have posted the grills to you this afternoon mate!

Penny dropped when I saw the matching eBay username 😄

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I can confirm I have posted the grills to you this afternoon mate!

Penny dropped when I saw the matching eBay username 😄
No way, can't believe I've bought them from someone on Clio Sport ha ha ha. Best cash price ya bugger? 🤣.

Only joking, cheap enough.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
No way, can't believe I've bought them from someone on Clio Sport ha ha ha. Best cash price ya bugger? 🤣.

Only joking, cheap enough.

Haha small world, what are the chances! Had i known you were after some, I would have sorted you a better price! - ebay took over 10 quid in fees from that 😭 lol

They were part of the full m performance kit I bought for my car. As its a shadow edition I already had the grills, so these were left over from the kit. I didn't even open them, and they still have the Bowker BMW stickers on the boxes.

Pic of car just because 😄 -
020D83DC-74D9-444A-9D5A-4A392E726724.jpeg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Haha small world, what are the chances! Had i known you were after some, I would have sorted you a better price! - ebay took over 10 quid in fees from that 😭 lol

They were part of the full m performance kit I bought for my car. As its a shadow edition I already had the grills, so these were left over from the kit. I didn't even open them, and they still have the Bowker BMW stickers on the boxes.

Pic of car just because 😄 -
View attachment 1574441
I love that colour, when I first got mine a guy who lived across the estate had a 340 in that colour and he was the reason I got the MPPSK.

eBay are robbing b******s aren't they.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I love that colour, when I first got mine a guy who lived across the estate had a 340 in that colour and he was the reason I got the MPPSK.

eBay are robbing b******s aren't they.

When i was looking to buy mine, I saw the sunset orange paint in a dealership and was sold on the colour instantly. It was around 5 months of monitoring ebay, autotrader, pistonheads etc. before I finally found one with the right colour and spec! It was worth the wait.

I envy you guys who are able to fit the MPPSK kit to your cars. The sound is absolutely epic! Sadly having some large batteries below my boot floor leaves me without this option. In fact, I don't think there are any aftermarket exhausts for the 330e at all.

I second the ebay comment! In fact, although its full of idiots, I like the FB marketplace due to fee-less selling.

By the way mate, your car is a real credit to you. It's one of my favorites on the forums. Do you have any more plans in the near future? Or have you got it to pretty much where you want it now?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
When i was looking to buy mine, I saw the sunset orange paint in a dealership and was sold on the colour instantly. It was around 5 months of monitoring ebay, autotrader, pistonheads etc. before I finally found one with the right colour and spec! It was worth the wait.

I second the ebay comment! In fact, although its full of idiots, I like the FB marketplace due to fee-less selling.

By the way mate, your car is a real credit to you. It's one of my favorites on the forums. Do you have any more plans in the near future? Or have you got it to pretty much where you want it now?

Well Glacier Silver was not on my list as I was looking for an F31 in San Marino Blue, they're like hens teeth. There is a guy on F30 post with a beautiful F31 340i in SM, however... he spec'd the poverty cloth/alcantara seats. Other than that it's perfect. Anyway, after looking for 8 months I happened to see mine for a good price and spec (what I wanted) and low mileage, so I just settled for a saloon and Silver ha ha ha.

Only problem with FB MP is the idiots you have to deal with and I deal with idiots on a daily basis, so I can't be doing with it. Wish Id have known you were on here as I'd have rather dealt with you outside of it for how much they've robbed you.

Thanks for the kind comments, nice to know there's some fans out there. Too many with too much carbon, I feel like Im pushing it with a splitter, spoiler and exhaust tips but thats me. The car is pretty much how I've always wanted it, short of having an LSD. However, I am looking at 911's, ideally a 997.2 but if the right 996 (aero kit and correct spec) or 997.1 comes up I'll probably go with one of those. It's the ideal time, pre kids and moving within cycling distance from work 😂

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Well Glacier Silver was not on my list as I was looking for an F31 in San Marino Blue, they're like hens teeth. There is a guy on F30 post with a beautiful F31 340i in SM, however... he spec'd the poverty cloth/alcantara seats. Other than that it's perfect. Anyway, after looking for 8 months I happened to see mine for a good price and spec (what I wanted) and low mileage, so I just settled for a saloon and Silver ha ha ha.

Only problem with FB MP is the idiots you have to deal with and I deal with idiots on a daily basis, so I can't be doing with it. Wish Id have known you were on here as I'd have rather dealt with you outside of it for how much they've robbed you.

Thanks for the kind comments, nice to know there's some fans out there. Too many with too much carbon, I feel like Im pushing it with a splitter, spoiler and exhaust tips but thats me. The car is pretty much how I've always wanted it, short of having an LSD. However, I am looking at 911's, ideally a 997.2 but if the right 996 (aero kit and correct spec) or 997.1 comes up I'll probably go with one of those. It's the ideal time, pre kids and moving within cycling distance from work 😂

I was also looking at the F31s, but black, white and grey were virtually the only colours to choose from on the usual pages, and they’re so common/boring I couldn’t go for one. I did see a Melbourne red F31 340i with full m performance kit and plenty of extras. It curiously had a pov spec steering wheel which made me a bit suspicious , particularly for a 30 grand car, so I passed.

No problem mate, it’s just one of them things. Main thing is they’re going to a good home (well car) 👍

Yeah carbons a tricky one to get a nice balance. I almost went for the carbon rear lid spoiler, but once the first bit goes on where does it stop! Haha

Is the 911 to replace the BM , or as well as?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I was also looking at the F31s, but black, white and grey were virtually the only colours to choose from on the usual pages, and they’re so common/boring I couldn’t go for one. I did see a Melbourne red F31 340i with full m performance kit and plenty of extras. It curiously had a pov spec steering wheel which made me a bit suspicious , particularly for a 30 grand car, so I passed.

No problem mate, it’s just one of them things. Main thing is they’re going to a good home (well car) 👍

Yeah carbons a tricky one to get a nice balance. I almost went for the carbon rear lid spoiler, but once the first bit goes on where does it stop! Haha

Is the 911 to replace the BM , or as well as?
Yeah I would have avoided it with a pov wheel. Highly likely it started life as an SE or Sport and then converted into an M Sport.

Well I feel I've done the right thing by just having a handful of bits. It's just right.

As for 911, it's to replace the 340.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Nice pics, but why would you not be drunk at that time on NYE? 🍺
Because Covid cancellations and decided to drive up to to Harrop Edge Rd in Roe Cross (Greater Manchester) to see Manchester erupt at midnight, with a flask and biscuits. Looked like Downtown Baghdad. Probably had a better night thanks to Covid tbh, then we went to a bridge over the M60 about a minute away from my house and police turned up because someone had rang in saying someone was attempting to throw them selves off the bridge...

Got this photo though, which is why I was up there. Trying out my phone camera.

20220101_012538.jpg

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Yeah I would have avoided it with a pov wheel. Highly likely it started life as an SE or Sport and then converted into an M Sport.

Well I feel I've done the right thing by just having a handful of bits. It's just right.

As for 911, it's to replace the 340.

Exactly, the decoders don't really give much away when it comes to trim level so I wasn't prepared to risk it. As you say, likely an SE or Sport originally.

I'd agree, you've not overdone it imo.

Goodluck finding a good one mate, i'm sure you'll have no trouble selling the 340 when the time comes!

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Shame on you @BIFCAIDS I didnt realise you had the faux M grills... Single slat are much better so good purchase.

I still can't stop thinking of M2's. I think i'm going to MOT mine and get shot. Man maths is looking like I could afford a 2017 ish plate one.

In other news, I had a play with a pre-facelift C63 (2008) and can confirm a mapped 435D actually has the legs on one up to silly speeds. Mental really.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Shame on you @BIFCAIDS I didnt realise you had the faux M grills... Single slat are much better so good purchase.

I still can't stop thinking of M2's. I think i'm going to MOT mine and get shot. Man maths is looking like I could afford a 2017 ish plate one.

In other news, I had a play with a pre-facelift C63 (2008) and can confirm a mapped 435D actually has the legs on one up to silly speeds. Mental really.

Well it's Impossible to have genuine M3/4 grills on a 3 series... think about it...

134.png

Dinky Feet

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve been watching M2 values for a while now as my mate has been after one pre lockdown. They shot up but starting to come down again.. a few nice OG ones for just over 30k ish.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been watching M2 values for a while now as my mate has been after one pre lockdown. They shot up but starting to come down again.. a few nice OG ones for just over 30k ish.

The colours are s**t. I'm not sure I like OG on the M2 but like it on the M240i. Riddle me that.

White looks s**t in pictures but good in the metal imo. I've sworn to never own a black car again so only really leaves Blue.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'd hang fire and wait til they get back to pre covid levels, they are hugely overpriced just now. I can see me jumping to one once values get back to realistic numbers

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I remember seeing a few down at £25k...unfortunately even the cheapest are much higher now.
Yeah, mid 20s is what I'd pay.

Anyone who pays 30-35k for an OG M2 is mental, imo of course. Be as well saving a bit more and just getting a Comp that'll hold its value better and is arguably a way superior car.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Even if they get back to pre-covid levels, they'll still be overpriced.

Say it gets back to mid 20's next year, you'll be paying the same price for a car that's 4 years older and probably a couple of dozen thousand miles leggier.

That's what makes this whole thing kinda depressing.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I mean you did give me grief for my wing mirror covers and you had double slats🤣
How is it only just a revaluation, I've had double slats on it since 2018. OG, when no c**t had them 🤣. I mean it's still no Maxton kitted, Peado colour grill, M3 mirror mobile is it?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I really can't see values of cars dropping that much in the near future imo. Not in the disproportionate way they went up anyway.
Values on everything are gonna be strong for at least another year, I'm hoping to sell the E92 while market is still strong then sit on the cash for a bit and wait til stuff drops. Scottish in me won't let me spend such a premium on something that's definitely gonna fall