ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BMW Thread

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
@T12 can I just say Tony, I've recieved the grills and I have to say, it's the most professional parcel anybody has ever sent me that isn't a vendor.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
@-Jamie- you’re not wrong about e9x values.

70k white E90 M3 on eBay currently. Weird spec, LCI, DCT, EDC but looks like the povvo stereo and no heated seats.

£21k. Cat D.

Pretty sure that would’ve been a £14-15k car tops pre covid.

I’m not moaning though 😂

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member

70k white E90 M3 on eBay currently. Weird spec, LCI, DCT, EDC but looks like the povvo stereo and no heated seats.

£21k. Cat D.

I’m not moaning though
Yeah mate it's wild, there was a higher mile, manual car with bearings done up for like 19k as well. Means I should get the sorts cash I'd like for mine relatively easy

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah mate it's wild, there was a higher mile, manual car with bearings done up for like 19k as well. Means I should get the sorts cash I'd like for mine relatively easy

Won’t have any issues selling yours mate.

I think I could make a decent amount on mine now too, compared to what I bought it for back in the summer. Problem is, there’s not much this side of a GT4 I want to replace it with, it’s the perfect car for me.

I even cleaned it at the weekend 😱

3A1E6DA8-AE4D-449E-B30D-1B653A2E7A8C.jpeg

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

£21k. Cat D.

I’m not moaning though 😂
But are they selling at that price point cat d? They may be advertised at that but are they actually selling

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
@T12 can I just say Tony, I've recieved the grills and I have to say, it's the most professional parcel anybody has ever sent me that isn't a vendor.

Thank you mate, I do try to package things well.

I'm glad they turned up safely, enjoy them! (y)

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Won’t have any issues selling yours mate.

I think I could make a decent amount on mine now too, compared to what I bought it for back in the summer. Problem is, there’s not much this side of a GT4 I want to replace it with, it’s the perfect car for me.

I even cleaned it at the weekend 😱

View attachment 1574911
Could do with a polish ;)

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182
What are people using coding/diagnostic wise? Not really looked into it much but am I better to go with a dcan cable and software or something more idiot proof like Carly?

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Got a question.
My dash is saying service due in 3k miles, when looking on the system it's the brake service, I assume this is pads and fluid?

If so how do I go about getting it off the dash once I've changed the pads? Can't be paying top dollar to BMW to change pads when it's something I can do.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Got a question.
My dash is saying service due in 3k miles, when looking on the system it's the brake service, I assume this is pads and fluid?

If so how do I go about getting it off the dash once I've changed the pads? Can't be paying top dollar to BMW to change pads when it's something I can do.

You can reset it, however you'll have no service history on the iDrive. You can have someone put it on but first time it gets plugged into a proper system it's gone.

Dinky Feet

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Pads is automatic on the wear sensor, the light will just go off

iDrive has to be updated by an authorised BMW garage.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i got my brake fluid done at the same time as getting as full service at an indy, so whilst i don't have an idrive record, i have a paper receipt, mine doesn't have full dealer history anyway.

@Flat Eric if you are doing the pads yourself make sure you buy a oem wear sensor, they aren't expensive and some people have struggled to reset with a copy sensor.. (y)

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Lads. I need some help.

Drivers side headlight was on and off foggy since I bought it (used) a couple of years ago. It got really bad when the 2nd lockdown hit and I removed the headlight and poured half a pint (no joke) of water out of it. Sealed it all back up, liberally, with some clear silicon around the edges. Anyway, its still fucked and now the lense has begun to split. I garage the car most nights so it doesnt fog up much but the crack is doing my head in.

New Headlight from BMW - *insert Austin Powers One Million Dollars Meme*

Ebay BMW Headlight - Circa £500

New Hella Headlight - £427

Re-Lensed (chinese lense copy) - £100

Anyone got any advice?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My passenger headlight has started to get condensation in it, not a lot but i have noticed it the last few weeks, it seems to be fairly common...🙄.

I removed the top inspection cover for a couple of days and it cleared, i have read they have breather tubes as well?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone recommend me a battery please. Believe I need an 80ah AGM battery. Seem to be pretty pricey.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lads. I need some help.

Drivers side headlight was on and off foggy since I bought it (used) a couple of years ago. It got really bad when the 2nd lockdown hit and I removed the headlight and poured half a pint (no joke) of water out of it. Sealed it all back up, liberally, with some clear silicon around the edges. Anyway, its still fucked and now the lense has begun to split. I garage the car most nights so it doesnt fog up much but the crack is doing my head in.

New Headlight from BMW - *insert Austin Powers One Million Dollars Meme*

Ebay BMW Headlight - Circa £500

New Hella Headlight - £427

Re-Lensed (chinese lense copy) - £100

Anyone got any advice?
Just buy a new Hella unit.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
My passenger headlight has started to get condensation in it, not a lot but i have noticed it the last few weeks, it seems to be fairly common...🙄.

I removed the top inspection cover for a couple of days and it cleared, i have read they have breather tubes as well?
thats only the 135i headlights mate. 140 lights are different apprently. I went down a rabbit hole a few weeks back with my laptop next to the car and BMW diagrams... The slightly older headlights have a cap that can be removed and then condensation dried out. 140 lights are a f**king sealed unit. Some genius decided that was a better design....

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
On a 35d forum I'm on alot of people claim the N57 lump has the same shell issues as the M Cars. Quite literally a handful of cars of thousands on there have had the bottom end go and at low mileages. So as normal on the internet nowadays this is a major issue.

A guy with a 170k one felt he needed to do them or his car would explode based on advice of others, opened it up and...

7FCC7B81-1E33-49F3-8D1E-36778750AD0E.jpeg

Like new and had even been on long life services it's whole life. The internet is a dangerous place these days as it even had me thinking before..

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Save the original headlight, and switch it back once you're ready to sell. Or keep it for proof it's not been crashed?
I had thought about this tbh. I had also thought about having it re-lensed but I just think thats asking for trouble.

On ebay theres a couple. All of them seem to be relensed by the same 2 guys who will only take cash on collection. Seems sus....

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
but then it will say Hella on the side not BMW. Makes me worried if i go to sell it, someones gonna think its had a front ender
Oh! didn't realise this, I assumed you buying direct from Hella would mean it would still say BMW. Bummer.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Oh! didn't realise this, I assumed you buying direct from Hella would mean it would still say BMW. Bummer.
I wish mate. Its bonkers, theyre EXACTLY the same other than the stupid writing.....oh and the price is like double :rolleyes:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I wish mate. Its bonkers, theyre EXACTLY the same other than the stupid writing.....oh and the price is like double :rolleyes:
@Darryl_1983 did have a good suggestion, it's a pain but it's a decent solution. it isn't going to lose value, you have the original unit and a reason why. It wouldn't stop me buying a car.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
@Darryl_1983 did have a good suggestion, it's a pain but it's a decent solution. it isn't going to lose value, you have the original unit and a reason why. It wouldn't stop me buying a car.
yeah, its a good idea. I dont know if my OCD is gonna go into megadrive if oen says bmw and one says Hella. It also seems like a huge waste of money when I could just flog the original one for silly money. Just put a post up on the 140 fb group to see if anyone has one