ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BMW Thread

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The Speedo did get stuck for about 10 seconds the other day when it happened then sorted itself out, so I’ll start with the rear left then, unfortunately no obvious codes coming up at present on my budget readers to assist. I did think perhaps the ABS ring though?

A generic OBD code reader won't do it.

The ABS rings can sometimes get corroded and cause issues, but sensors are known to fail and that's more likely.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  182 + 325i
The Speedo did get stuck for about 10 seconds the other day when it happened then sorted itself out, so I’ll start with the rear left then, unfortunately no obvious codes coming up at present on my budget readers to assist. I did think perhaps the ABS ring though?

That sounds similar to what happened to mine, the car eventually gives up trying and will just throw the fault on startup until you clear it.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
The ones from Www.bmods.co.uk seem to get good reviews. I was thinking of getting one, just so I can watch YouTube vids whilst sat in traffic 😂 and to have Waze too, because BM sat nav from 2006 is ultra toss.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Gave mine a quick wash after work and dusted off the camera

D7K_8589.JPG
D7K_8591.JPG
D7K_8598.JPG
D7K_8579.JPG

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Coding apps, what's best guys? I don't want to use a laptop as I'll break something.

Just need to code the likes of stop/start off etc.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182
Think I'd only consider a full replacement if I had CCC as that is properly old & gash.
This.

If you've got CIC, I'd just go with the box but if CCC, get a full unit.

I've got CCC so I'm going to change mine to an Andream unit in the next few months.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182
Don't want to piss on your chips but does the vgate adapter still work with Bimmercode? Ive been looking as I wanted something to code my BMW with and it doesn't come up on their recommended list and there's mixed answers on forums about whether it works still or not.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
So can you control your phone content through the idrive controller like you do with the BMW menu? or do you have to use your phone to move around the menu's on the nav screen?
You use the idrive controller - don't touch your phone at all. It displays icons for all your phone apps that are compatible with the MMI box. I have the pro nav screen so I have google maps and spotify on a 70/30 (ish) split screen.