ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BMW Thread

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Mine is a 2013 M135i with the best spec i’ve ever seen on one. Absolutely brilliant all rounder. Great car just cruising on the commute, but in sport mode it stiffens up to handle pretty well, make a great noise and just be full yob.

View attachment 1567753

View attachment 1457919

I keep looking at these for that reason, a great all rounder that I can still act like a t**t in. No one ever gets in the back, apart fromt he grandchild or dog, so leg room isn't an issue.

But then I look back at the E60 comfort bus and think it would be £15/16k up the swanny

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 330d
Owned it for over 7 years. It’s been faultless. May look to sell it soon though as I don’t use it enough.

View attachment 1567754

200.gif

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I keep looking at these for that reason, a great all rounder that I can still act like a t**t in. No one ever gets in the back, apart fromt he grandchild or dog, so leg room isn't an issue.

But then I look back at the E60 comfort bus and think it would be £15/16k up the swanny
Did you say grandchild?

PS - in my head your are mid 30's. Is that very off the mark or did you have a kid at 15?

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
How come you're not looking at 240's? I know they were mostly poverty spec but just odd, you're looking at old coupes with 2 doors but new hatchbacks with 5 doors.
I'm also guilty of this, it really annoyed me when BMW polluted their line up with the 2 and 4 series so I don't tend to remember to look at 240's when Im dribbling over 140's - I don't know why I was annoyed as it really makes sense on paper but for me an M3 is an iconic thing, coupe or saloon which they killed a bit with the M4.... But I do chuffing love M2's... I'm just stuck in the 90's.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I'm also guilty of this, it really annoyed me when BMW polluted their line up with the 2 and 4 series so I don't tend to remember to look at 240's when Im dribbling over 140's - I don't know why I was annoyed as it really makes sense on paper but for me an M3 is an iconic thing, coupe of saloon which they killed a bit with the M4.... But I do chuffing love M2's... I'm just stuck in the 90's.
I know what you mean.
Your not very far from me, I'm in Banstead (where your virgin 335 touring which I should have bought came from!) if all goes well it will be back on the road next year, you'll have to let me know if you ever go to any cars and coffee type things.
Let me know too, then again you lot are too far away.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
How come you're not looking at 240's? I know they were mostly poverty spec but just odd, you're looking at old coupes with 2 doors but new hatchbacks with 5 doors.
I never liked the look of them. What I actually wanted was an E82 135i when I ordered my M140i as I kept seeing an E82 park outside my house loads and I thought it was a good looking car (I think it was a poverty spec diesel base model though) and was annoyed when I got an F20/1 brochure they didn’t do them anymore as moved to the 2 series.
A 5 door 1 series would be perfect I think for my needs but if I were to have the older 135i then I’d happily compromise with a 2 door. It’s a shame they didn’t do a 130i in coupe. But is the 125i any good, like can a bit more power be got out of them to make them close to 130i spec?
Was curious about the 340 prices and that is a bit too much for my budget, I need to be semi sensible.

Tbh I need to make my mind up in what I like and want! As I also keep looking at E39 and E38’s as well 🤣. I want something like a good GT style car, not M car fast/performance but got some poke, handles ok (happily upgrade suspension etc) and be comfy. I think the M140 is ideal for that, or that’s how I saw mine. Top scenario is keep my E34.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I wont post all my previous owned BMW's in here as there probably isnt enough bandwith :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

e70 X5 SD. 212k miles. Goes like a stabbed rat, drinks like George Best, breaks like an Alfa.
If you like R53 Mini's because they teach you basic mechanics, can recommend.
51703250347_113733beab_c.jpg

Mini Clubman SD on 125k miles. Bought to offset all the bork produced by the thing above.
51704325628_2ee8c5d621_c.jpg

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Might as well post mine, i know the decals are frowned upon here, but they were on it when i got it, and i don't really mind them, as @Davyy says. they are an excellent all rounder, does everything i want, did just over 1000 miles in Sept to Scotland and it didn't put a foot wrong, was happy on the motorway at 65 and didn't feel any different at double that, they much miles for fun, averaged 35 as well which i thought was pretty good for car north of 350bhp, i find it pretty comfy as well, and whilst it ain't no RS Megane through the bends, you can push on, i won't be looking to change it anytime soon.

1637854376273.jpeg

1637854411993.jpeg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Might as well post mine, i know the decals are frowned upon here, but they were on it when i got it, and i don't really mind them, as @Davyy says. they are an excellent all rounder, does everything i want, did just over 1000 miles in Sept to Scotland and it didn't put a foot wrong, was happy on the motorway at 65 and didn't feel any different at double that, they much miles for fun, averaged 35 as well which i thought was pretty good for car north of 350bhp, i find it pretty comfy as well, and whilst it ain't no RS Megane through the bends, you can push on, i won't be looking to change it anytime soon.

View attachment 1567877

View attachment 1567878
Misconception about people not liking the decals, normally they're attached to a car the wrong way round, to an SE or they say "M-pErFoRmAnCe"

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I never liked the look of them. What I actually wanted was an E82 135i when I ordered my M140i as I kept seeing an E82 park outside my house loads and I thought it was a good looking car (I think it was a poverty spec diesel base model though) and was annoyed when I got an F20/1 brochure they didn’t do them anymore as moved to the 2 series.
A 5 door 1 series would be perfect I think for my needs but if I were to have the older 135i then I’d happily compromise with a 2 door. It’s a shame they didn’t do a 130i in coupe. But is the 125i any good, like can a bit more power be got out of them to make them close to 130i spec?
Was curious about the 340 prices and that is a bit too much for my budget, I need to be semi sensible.

Tbh I need to make my mind up in what I like and want! As I also keep looking at E39 and E38’s as well 🤣. I want something like a good GT style car, not M car fast/performance but got some poke, handles ok (happily upgrade suspension etc) and be comfy. I think the M140 is ideal for that, or that’s how I saw mine. Top scenario is keep my E34.

The 125i is a restricted 130i in coupe form, same engine/running gear. Change the inlet manifold and have it remapped they make around 270hp. If you can i'd just go 135i though, late model N55 car with the DCT box would be a peach! Mine is the earlier N54 with the wanky wastegates, fortunately it's only done 38k miles so should still have another 20-25k before they become an issue (then it's hybrid time!)

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
I wont post all my previous owned BMW's in here as there probably isnt enough bandwith :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

e70 X5 SD. 212k miles. Goes like a stabbed rat, drinks like George Best, breaks like an Alfa.
If you like R53 Mini's because they teach you basic mechanics, can recommend.
View attachment 1567863

I assume at that age it would be an M57 rather than N57?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Yeah its an M57. To be fair, the only things that have broken are consumables, plus other bits i knew about anyways, replacing airbags/bushes/calipers/belts on a car with this many miles isnt the end of the world.
M57 is the one to have, M57D30TÜ2TOP is the jewel in the crown.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
My current daily, 04 3.0i Z4.

Has black M-Sport seats, Eibach springs, wheels spaces. But needs something doing with the Exhaust and a LSD really.

I also drive pretty much everywhere with the roof down, provided it's not raining.
IMG_20210710_192634~2.jpg

IMG_20210710_192621~2.jpg

Just sold my Jaguar XF S, and I am considering a BMW replacement. But thinking 2.0l diesel engine, as for a family run around and motorway cruiser I don't think I really need anymore, when I've got the Z4 and a Clio 182.

Are the N47 engines still problematic? I've avoided them for years to be honest. But Figured buying one with proof of the timing chain being done, it should be safe for a few years at least. Looking at cars from around 2010 onwards I guess, so E87's, E90, and early F30's.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Are the N47 engines still problematic? I've avoided them for years to be honest. But Figured buying one with proof of the timing chain being done, it should be safe for a few years at least. Looking at cars from around 2010 onwards I guess, so E87's, E90, and early F30's.

Yes although I know plenty of people who have had them and they've been trouble free.

I'd look for a 325d. Most people seem to price these inline with a 20d rather than the premium the 30d drives albeit the same engine as you likely know.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Current one is a boring diesel

Attachments

• 618E337E-07D5-4755-AADC-29E192F61A45.jpeg
    618E337E-07D5-4755-AADC-29E192F61A45.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 16

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

I thought you were selling the e34 for house monies? Isn't a 140i more than the e34? Yet, you want to keep the e34? Sounds like you should just keep the e34 😂

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I thought you were selling the e34 for house monies? Isn't a 140i more than the e34? Yet, you want to keep the e34? Sounds like you should just keep the e34 😂
It is being sold for house funds, but if me and the girlfriend end up renting then I’m not selling it, but if we buy then I have to let it go. Whatever I end up with could be on some form of finance and not outright. This is one reason I’m dragging my heels on any decision!
Yes you are right, the E34 should be the one to stay!! I want it to. I really wish I could bring myself to use it daily, but it’s just far to nice to ruin.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It is being sold for house funds, but if me and the girlfriend end up renting then I’m not selling it, but if we buy then I have to let it go. Whatever I end up with could be on some form of finance and not outright. This is one reason I’m dragging my heels on any decision!
Yes you are right, the E34 should be the one to stay!! I want it to. I really wish I could bring myself to use it daily, but it’s just far to nice to ruin.
I feel your pain. Good 34's are getting impossible to find... But cooler by the day 😎

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Here's ours, F31 35d Shadow Edition.
Gets used for the Mrs commute everyday so I hardly drive it.
It's a great car and good all rounder, but like others have said, the handling on them is a bit numb and boaty. Tempted to put some aftermarket springs on it next year
Overall there's nothing I can think of to replace it with anytime soon so I imagine we will keep it for quite a while as we both love it.
20210728_140005.jpg
20210728_140021.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I need to get some roof bars for mine. What size frame is your bike? I got an XL and worried it'll swamp the roof 🤣
Mine is a medium frame mate, but I need to adjust the positioning of the frame steady bar. If you look closely, you can see that the front wheels almost hanging off the front of the carrier lol!

Find out the wheelbase of yours and compare it with mine to get a better idea 👍🏻 Orange alpine 6 2017