ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The V8 Focus

william84

ClioSport Club Member
  182 clio
Will be a mind melt when people see under the bonnet ?
Just awesome and dedication nearly 2yrs ?

Will be a mind melt when people see under the bonnet ?
Just awesome and dedication nearly 2yrs ?
Ha 2 years is amateurish - I’m into 10 with the megane ?

I had some big time off with this last year too, just couldn’t find the motivation but things are moving along nicely now, the YouTube thing helps keep you focused

Pun intended ?

william84

ClioSport Club Member
  182 clio
yeah coming along well.
Wouldn't be to tough on your self though it's a monster task and coming along well. Time constraints included.
Big pat on the back once again for even attempting/getting this far.
I'm also confident you will get it complete.

Lol, they look better than what I can do!
Ha thanks - from what I understand these will be plenty to flow what I need for silly power if I ever get there. They’re certainly better than the standard stuff anyway and people are running a single holset turbo with them turned around and getting 500 odd bhp.

If I ever make them again I should be in a little more practice and I’ll purge them so they’ll be up to the Instagram levels

Both wrong - the callipers is indeed missing but that’s because they’re being refurbed. They can be added at a later date - the disk is perfectly central let’s not go there lol 😂

I’ll throw in a hint - focus on the studs - and yes i know there’s one missing that isn’t a f**k up either

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Both wrong - the callipers is indeed missing but that’s because they’re being refurbed. They can be added at a later date - the disk is perfectly central let’s not go there lol 😂

I’ll throw in a hint - focus on the studs - and yes i know there’s one missing that isn’t a f**k up either
You got the wrong stud pattern??

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Also those shitty studs and aluminium lugs are f**king horribly dangerous mate. They just aren’t strong enough, I f**king hated having them on my Toledo

10 points to @Scrooge

f**king idiot gunned them up and the tool flew out and now I can’t get it back in!

Yeah I don’t like the nuts tbh, I bought them for the bigger wheels with the multistud fitment but as I’m not using them anymore I can get proper ones.

These will do for now... they’ll have to - they’re stuck on there 😂

Got the final rideheight today (after fixing my f**k up lol 😂)

Here’s with the springs in the rear and coilovers with helper springs at pretty much the lowest setting.
883A8CF1-9EEB-4490-9F91-DE5505E4F555.jpeg

Obviously the rear has to come down so I took the springs out and had the jack support the car at the height I wanted and I got this...

4FFB3F8A-4D6E-43B6-8081-AC8A7D9EA289.jpeg

Much better and probably perfect ride height. However - I think the camber on the rear is excessive so I will probably have to raise the subframe a little - which makes my life a little easier actually.

Guess that’s what I’m doing next

it's coming together though 👍
Yeah i just realised ive fucked up again though lol. I bought some 350z rear suspension and a set of z coilovers. And the setup on the back is damper and separate coil spring (like on a clio) you can buy coilovers to replace the spring and damper setup or you can buy coilovers that have the spring and damper combined in the damper which makes my life infinitely easier.

Guess which ones I bought...

Hint: they’re not going to make my life easy 😂

f**k sakes

william84

ClioSport Club Member
  182 clio
Yeah i just realised ive fucked up again though lol. I bought some 350z rear suspension and a set of z coilovers. And the setup on the back is damper and separate coil spring (like on a clio) you can buy coilovers to replace the spring and damper setup or you can buy coilovers that have the spring and damper combined in the damper which makes my life infinitely easier.

Guess which ones I bought...

Hint: they’re not going to make my life easy 😂

f**k sakes
what you like 😀

as I say there is no point in doing things the easy way when you can do it the hard way 💪 😂

Anyone have any idea how to take an input (like a tachometer signal from an engine) and convert it to a CAN signal to be used on the instrument cluster?

Wiring is coming along but I’m at an impasse for some semi important things

58198B4C-38A4-4EDD-9CFF-7883A90B1AA9.jpeg

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Would that be something a standalone management system did, linked into an aftermarket cluster?

Would that be something a standalone management system did, linked into an aftermarket cluster?
Some standalones can do it (send out a CAN signal) but I’m not going standalone and I’m not changing the clocks.

Think I’ve come to a solution but it means more wiring and keeping the stock ECU.

It might have a s**t fit though