ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The V8 Focus

0ss

ClioSport Club Member
I need to catch up with the videos, hopefully I'll have a steady week at work 😂.
How do mot's work with engine conversions and major butchery of chassis?

So you're building a track car then. 😂😂
no...

Its problematic but not impossible providing I don’t go nuts with certain things.
Also depends on how much people are taking notice lol

end goal is to have it on the road as otherwise it was fairly pointless in keeping the interior as standard as possible which has been the source of multiple issues lol

Exhaust is done as far as the down pipes. Probably gonna leave them here for startup just because the rest is a lot to do and I want to hear more noise LOL

C902203D-6D86-414F-9B20-831BCAF3189E.jpeg
30748591-1E77-4709-9793-D0B6D1B2CAF8.jpeg

haven’t had a proper late night sesh in a while to be fair

I welded a v band clamp onto the cast turbine housings, I’m a little worried they may crack eventually but we will see i suppose

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
the welding is great in some places and sketchy in others - but they’re functional lol. That’s the main thing.

they properly hug the engine too - there is absolutely no room around the back end there
A far better job than I could do!
It’s coming along really well mate, fair play!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
A far better job than I could do!
It’s coming along really well mate, fair play!
I wouldn't even know where to start!

the welding is great in some places and sketchy in others - but they’re functional lol. That’s the main thing.

they properly hug the engine too - there is absolutely no room around the back end there
Is that not going to give you temperature/cooling issues?

I wouldn't even know where to start!

Is that not going to give you temperature/cooling issues?
Did you miss the bit where there’s a v8 in the engine bay of a focus? 😂

heat wise my only real concern is how close the bear side down pipe comes to the abs block wiring harness and plug. The rest should be fineapart From maybe the rocker covers being so close to the turbo housing. Heat resistant paint should manage ... maybe

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Unbelievable progress on this.
I admit, I don't watch the videos - but I am going to, when it is finished. I like to binge watch things to completion, so I'll subscribe when you pass the post. Soz.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I admit, I don't watch the videos - but I am going to, when it is finished. I like to binge watch things to completion, so I'll subscribe when you pass the post. Soz.
Your in for a treat when project binky is finished. Although I can’t imagine sitting 6-7 years ago thinking “I’ll wait until they finish it and then binge watch the lot”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

"when its finished"

It will never be finished :ROFLMAO:

its a fair while off being finished tbh but i hope to start it in the next few days so i guess that's progress.

Your in for a treat when project binky is finished. Although I can’t imagine sitting 6-7 years ago thinking “I’ll wait until they finish it and then binge watch the lot”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i remember watching Binky when they had about 3 episodes thinking "this is cool". showed my mate when they had about 6 episodes... by then i realised we were in for the long haul :ROFLMAO:

here i am 6 years later and its still not turned a key lol