ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VW Audi Skoda Seat Thread

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone see fifth gear last night

karun did a bit on a new cupra EV….Cupra Born.

I was only half watching it but it looked ok had decent range and was about £5k uplift on an equivalent ICE cupra.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Current bus from the motherland.

PXL_20210925_151836209.jpg

Previous child of the motherland.

IMG_20201019_165719.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
What is it you love the most?

The way they either want to be in 7th or 2nd all the time?

The delay from pressing the throttle to car moving, especially fun when
Anyone see fifth gear last night

karun did a bit on a new cupra EV….Cupra Born.

I was only half watching it but it looked ok had decent range and was about £5k uplift on an equivalent ICE cupra.

Didn't know it was on again?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I see a few mk6 gtis around by me and work. Anyone gone from the mk5 thought it was a good move. I know they share the same chassis but I think the mk6 has aged really well, more modern.

Just had a mooch on prices and the mk5 seems to have gone up again

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I see a few mk6 gtis around by me and work. Anyone gone from the mk5 thought it was a good move. I know they share the same chassis but I think the mk6 has aged really well, more modern.

Not a Gti, but I went from a mk5 gt-d to a mk6 gt-d.
apart from the styling I can’t tell any difference. They drive exactly the same, even though the mk5 had 170k to the mk6 I have now that has 96k they are identical to drive. 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not a Gti, but I went from a mk5 gt-d to a mk6 gt-d.
apart from the styling I can’t tell any difference. They drive exactly the same, even though the mk5 had 170k to the mk6 I have now that has 96k they are identical to drive. 😂
The MK6 is MK5 underneath mate, all the parts are the same. The MK6 front end fits on a MK5 too🤣

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hmm not so sure. I never drove a mk3 though. The mk2 R26 was capable as hell, but boring. It's that characterless engine.

The TSi unit is a cracker, revs out - unlike the F4Rt

Not even close tbh. A standard r26 is more fun than a modified Cupra. Both cracking cars, and the ‘boring vag’ bunch couldn’t be more wrong.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Not worth the move. MK7 or don’t bother!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
My bus. Third Octavia 3 I’ve had because they just work. Enough space for everything I need it to do. First petrol and first DSG. Still under Skoda warranty and I’ll extend next summer without doubt.

7466355C-A697-41C6-B5DA-8D1A3488BC94.jpeg
85E012BA-399A-472D-8272-824926373A1B.jpeg

Attachments

• E8628744-D384-449C-9965-D8E0561898FB.jpeg
    E8628744-D384-449C-9965-D8E0561898FB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 66263AFE-3F1F-4DDF-B619-27BD834B7F1E.jpeg
    66263AFE-3F1F-4DDF-B619-27BD834B7F1E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  BMW bus
My bus. Third Octavia 3 I’ve had because they just work. Enough space for everything I need it to do. First petrol and first DSG. Still under Skoda warranty and I’ll extend next summer without doubt.

View attachment 1571114View attachment 1571117
Lovely that. I’ve got one on order as my next company car. It will be the plug in hybrid unfortunately (cos company car policy says I have to) but really looking forward to getting it.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Lovely that. I’ve got one on order as my next company car. It will be the plug in hybrid unfortunately (cos company car policy says I have to) but really looking forward to getting it.
I got some numbers for a new hybrid VRS and it was almost twice the monthly on my last one. Plus a 10-12 month wait. Decent looking car and a step up inside.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
6F0E473D-6EF2-4AB3-9E74-32A283646F46.jpeg

Just been down my unit to rebalance the front wheels. Must be an issue with the spacers, cus the wheels balance up with hardly any weight, but I’m still getting a wobble at cruising speeds.

Pic of it at full height, which you have to lock it in before jacking up. If you don’t the suspension can overfill and won’t let itself back down

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I want to join in, so here's the Golf I had for a year:

31658513995_4a36971154_o.jpg
31658514065_d88817964d_o.jpg
32874838553_08c114d67c_o.jpg

Extremely capable, but not really involving enough for my tastes. I do really rate the MK7 Golf overall, but would probably have a manual GTI PP if I had another, or an Edition 40 if I could find one in the right spec.

Everyone has (rightly so) hailed the Mk3 megane as the best bang for buck track car there is and one of the best all rounders there ever was.

For me though, the Cupra has nudged it off the top spot.

Not driven the Cupra, but I replaced the above Golf with a Megane 265 and it felt like a racing car by comparison. Way, way, way more focused and involved to drive. I think a FWD, manual Cupra would be closer to the Meg, but I'd be amazed if it was as fun/engaging to drive. The Cupra is probably a better every day car, as the interior and infotainment is a bit nicer, but Renault absolutely nailed the 250/265/275 as a driving tool.

I don't think either has a particularly outstanding engine. The EA888 is "better" in that it's more responsive, but it's pretty dull feeling as standard, as it's very linear. The Megane isn't quite so responsive, but the bit of lag gives it a bit more character. Mid box chop makes it come alive a bit more as it adds some theatre. Both are effective enough, but not that memorable.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I want to join in, so here's the Golf I had for a year:

View attachment 1571175View attachment 1571176View attachment 1571177

Extremely capable, but not really involving enough for my tastes. I do really rate the MK7 Golf overall, but would probably have a manual GTI PP if I had another, or an Edition 40 if I could find one in the right spec.

Not driven the Cupra, but I replaced the above Golf with a Megane 265 and it felt like a racing car by comparison. Way, way, way more focused and involved to drive. I think a FWD, manual Cupra would be closer to the Meg, but I'd be amazed if it was as fun/engaging to drive. Probably a better every day car, as the interior and infotainment is a bit nicer, but Renault absolutely nailed the 250/265/275 as a driving tool.

I don't think either has a particularly outstanding engine. The EA888 is "better" in that it's more responsive, but it's pretty dull feeling as standard, as it's very linear. The Megane isn't quite so responsive, but the bit of lag gives it a bit more character. Mid box chop makes it come alive a bit more as it adds some theatre. Both are effective enough, but not that memorable.

Always wanted to try a mk3. They have been the Kings for a long time. Just that engine, it's got zero soul or character, at least in the Mk2.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
There was a nice 265 in black for 10k down in Essex. Was trading it in aparantly but offered it on the Meg Facebook page. I got sent the pics as not a faceplant

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Always wanted to try a mk3. They have been the Kings for a long time. Just that engine, it's got zero soul or character, at least in the Mk2.

Mid box chop solves that issue to be honest, as it gives them a bit of extra aggression without any horrible droning. It's all about the chassis really though. The engine is just the thing to get you to the next twisty bit.

There was a nice 265 in black for 10k down in Essex. Was trading it in aparantly but offered it on the Meg Facebook page. I got sent the pics as not a faceplant

Black is the worst colour for them sadly. Wouldn't want a black one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
View attachment 1571174

Just been down my unit to rebalance the front wheels. Must be an issue with the spacers, cus the wheels balance up with hardly any weight, but I’m still getting a wobble at cruising speeds.

Pic of it at full height, which you have to lock it in before jacking up. If you don’t the suspension can overfill and won’t let itself back down
What’s wobbling? The steering wheel or the whole car?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mid box chop solves that issue to be honest, as it gives them a bit of extra aggression without any horrible droning. It's all about the chassis really though. The engine is just the thing to get you to the next twisty bit.

Black is the worst colour for them sadly. Wouldn't want a black one.

Id probably want white.

Or a Leon cupra. Sang this tune for a while

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
What’s wobbling? The steering wheel or the whole car?

Steering wheel wobble.

The wheel and tyres don’t look out of round when spun up on the machine, so it must be an issue with the spacers or the mating face of the wheel.

I cleaned all the hubs and greased them up earlier, but cus I was rushing I never even bothered to look at the inside of the wheel.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I had a fabia vrs mk1 when they first come out. Was good until you pushed it then it was not good. Brilliant mpg and mid range was awesome for that time and shocked a few more expensive cars. It was also back at the garage under warranty more times than I care to remember.
Also a mk2 Octavia vrs petrol. Good on fuel and long distance cruises back up to Scotland. Again it all went wrong when pushed. Chopped this in for the Twingo that I still have.
DSC_0075.jpg

A petrol estate would be nice to own if I could find a cheap standard one.