ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the 172 out today

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Not driven it for ages, That long i had to jump it LOL.

Gave it a while to warm up then gave it some stick, id forgoten you have to drive it hard to get the most out of it, think ive got lazy driving the RS. Was good to see the old rattles are still there lol.

All in all it was bloody good fun once id remembered how to drive it! one thing i did notice however was how skitty (that a word) the clio was on the road under acceleration, maybe something else id just forgotten about?

Unfortunately im gonna have to sell it soon, running both is killing me!

Clio 200 Cup

Was following my mate who has a mk1 172 the other day and we both booted it in 2nd, my car remained on a dead straight line but his was pulling him all over the road!!! It was darting about properly. Thought he was just messing about but no

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

The RS can dart a bit on rough roads but it always feels planted the clio felt very light front ended in comparison. Was great fun in the corners tho LOL

Clio 200 Cup

Do you suffer from the huge wandering diff situations on uneven roads with the RS which have been so publicised? Or is it just an over exageration? Cracking looking car :)

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

its over exagerated!!!

Yeah it ducks an weaves on bumpy roads but most cars will with 225/40/18s on!

You have to drive the car it doest drive its self is what i will say! Theres no Electronic gadgets on the car just the mechanical diff!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Yeah youve really got to rev the 172 to get the best from it. Makes it part of the fun, if you keep it under 3k revs then it can feel really sluggish; get over 4k and its :D

btw Steve, I saw your car in the car park at the Autosport show, it looked well nice. I put a post in the Spotted forum but I guess you didnt see it!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

cheers rick, never look in there anymore cos like i say the clio aint bin out for ages!!

Yeah i reckon the wider track an weight etc keep RS palnted, just took me by surprise a little bit LOL

Loved the Feelin of reachin 4K again!

I will be very sad to see her go but i never drive it an its a waste!