ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top speeds in each gear - williams

It wont do 60 in 2nd.

The F7R lump revs to a lower limit, so effectively the gears are shorter than a 16V (apart from 5th, which is a taller cog).

From recollection:

1st 37mph

2nd 57 mph

3rd 85 mph

4th 105 mph

5th 134 mph

would have thought theyd have made it do 60 in 2nd, if not thats probably why theres only a lil difference with the 1.8 in the 0-60 time

whats the 1.8 do?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Na, I cant get 60 in 2nd-not quite. Bens speeds look about right,maybe a touch more in 4th?

^^^^ You have a 16V right?

The Williams wont do 60 in 2nd without a chip to raise the limiter. Thats why the 0-60 looks similar to the Valver. There are some reports of freak ones that do all sorts of speeds in each gear, but my first post is what youd find from a genuine factory-fresh Williams.

The actual ratios are the same from 1st to 4th on the 16V and Williams, but the Willy has a taller 5th gear (economy and psychological better top speed than 16V), plus a tougher box.

Snotter's

sounds about rite although i did notice after i put the std airbox back on with a ramair filter and drilled it i could sumtimes get 60 just b4 the limiter came in but not all the time.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Those figures sound right to me richy however if you take the limiter to 7100rpm you get these-:devilish:

1st Dunno 30?
2nd 62 mph
3rd 89 mph
4th 113 mph
5th 147 mph+