ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo’s, How many miles do you get

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Will probably be getting a set of Toyo T1-S and was wondering how well they wear. How many mile have people been getting of them on the front? I know it will vary depending on how you drive but just an average would be useful to compare them to the ContiSports

I dont know as mine have only been on for about 200miles.

You shouldnt be getting tyres according to how long they will last, but how good they are at doing the job. Remember, its only the tyres between the car & the road.....get the best you can afford.

IMO, Toyos are the best VFM, but if you can afford them, go for the Goodyear Eagle GSD3s - Awesome Tyres!

H22A7 Accord Type R

i got my 195/50 Toyos from mytyres, after fitting cost me £34 a corner for TOYOS!!! lol! they are really good in wet n grip well! I always hear about them being soft, so we will see how they go, but like Tom says, they are what connect you to the road..........why skimp! They are brill.....and for all you Dynamique owners running standard alloys.......the 195/50 R15 Toyos (with rim protector) fit the standard wheels amazingly well!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, hopefully theyll last longer then the SO2s Ive just shredded! :eek:

A pair of spanking new Toyos arrived on my doorstep today actually, courtesy of http://www.mytyres.netwww.mytyres.net and only £45 a corner, all in.

Just need to get my mate to fit them now... :D

Tappd'd RS

Ive heard the toyos aint too hard wearing but it really depends on how you drive!

I was put off them by a local mechanic who told me that with all the salt and other sh*te on the roads in my area for 6 months of the year that I should look elsewhere. I have heard that the toyos and Potenza SO3s are the dogs nuts in the dry!

Get some goodyear Eagle GSD3 I did replacing my Toyos and at £42 a corner from tyre4u.com U cannot go wrong great tyres - take my word for it other members will tell you the same.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by mrCCC on 12 March 2003

Get some goodyear Eagle GSD3 I did replacing my Toyos and at £42 a corner from tyre4u.com U cannot go wrong great tyres - take my word for it other members will tell you the same
The Goodyear dont do a 195/45 R16 in the GSD3!!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by wongy008 on 12 March 2003

na

i find them really soft but that maybe the way i drive

had to replace them after 6 months

wongy
Mine seems very soft too. Lasted about 5k miles.

Looked nice though !

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, found out that my mate actually runs Toyos on his Honda Accord Type-R and hes done about 8k miles on the fronts so far, with plenty of tread left, so fingers crossed...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 12 March 2003

Does he drive like a wuss though?????
Nope...

Ok, so he doesnt drive like an idiot all the time, but he does drive it quick so its gonna be a fair representation.

He reckons they are superb and have no trouble feeding all 210bhp onto the road, even in the wet! :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Excellent news..

Due to all the recomendations on this site (not to mention the very cheap price) I have now purchased 2 new Toyo Proxies from http://www.mytyres.netwww.mytyres.net. Delivery time is 1-2 weeks but I am not really in a major rush to get them.

I almost ordered 4 becuase of my extreme hatred for contisports but my bank account screemed for mercy. (plus the remaining two contisports have mega amounts of tread left)

Any ideas on where best to get it fitted, I will probably just take them to my usual garage.

And do you think I should put the Contis on the front or the Toyos ? cause your supposed to put the better tyres on the back to prevent oversteer..

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Put my order on friday got them on monday! Forget about 2 weeks unless the Uk mail is pants compared to the Swedish.This was from mytyres.net:)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Halfords will fit them for £6 each.

I would put them on the rear, that way the contis will wear quickest then you can get Toyos all round.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

thats exactly what I was thinking.. just to get rid of the contis as quick as possible..hehe

Thanks for the info about halfords.. might just go there.

RPM, that great to hear, I think the guy on mytyres must just say that so you wont be dissapointed if it does take that long..

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

They will be delivered faster than you think...

Mine were! :D

Just need to get them fitted now.