ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unable to open bonnet :( pls help

I need to top up my oil before some trackdays but when i try to open the bonnect it wont :( pull the a handle and nothing happens. If it try to force the bonnet it wont work but when i push down i hear a click so pulling the handle does do something.

Worked okay on Saturday and not driven the car since - any ideas what I can try?

Renault Laguna Coupe

have you tried pushing the bonnet down Tony? If it didnt fully close last time it might be reluctant to release. (Be carful - its made of French cardboard)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 15 September 2004
have you tried pushing the bonnet down Tony? If it didnt fully close last time it might be reluctant to release. (Be carful - its made of French cardboard)

Yeah, tried that - if i pull the release then push the bonnet down i hear a click so something is working, guessing that i need someone to push down on the bonnet to take pressure off clip and then try the release?

This happened to someone I know with an Expression. Unfortuantly you can not get it open unless yours is simple to solve. At the reno garage they had to smash half of the front grill off and release it manually and took 2 hours! Is your release handle slack? Its probably broken away.