ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 at the Pod

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)
I spent today at the Pod (hi to those Cliosport members that I met).

I did several runs and everytime I got the book figure of 14.6 secs. No matter how hard I launched (3K - 4.5K rpm) I never could get lower.

Has anyone managed to get lower in a standard, unstripped V6?

A vid of one of my runs - Right Click and Save

Focus ST
Love the colour. Shame the vid is against such a b*****d loud car as I'd like to hear that going up the strip.

E91 M Sport
Lucas said:
Shame the vid is against such a b*****d loud car as I'd like to hear that going up the strip.

If it's got a standard exhaust, you wouldn't hear it without the other car!

Btw, good launching. The day I went down there in my V6 it was spin city :(

COOPER MY08/POLO MY93
hello! i have just registered on this site after speaking to someone at pod with a 172! i got some crap times 15.6 twice in my 182 cup! the v6 looked amazing! didn't get a chance to come and say hello i was interested in the times! noticed that it was from a local dealer (platinum) to me aswell!

ed

Clio v6
Book times

0-50mph (80 km/h) 4.10s
0-60mph 6.00s
0-100km/h
0-100mph 15.20s
80-120km/h
(50-70mph)
in top
0-Quarter-mile 14.60s
@ 98.00 mph

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Thought they were quicker tbh but they do weight 2 tonne lol I do seem to remember Kathy or Slugger running 14.3 ish..?

What 60ft times were you getting Tom?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
that was my cup, thought i might have had him butjust got wheel spin! Good to meet ya tom!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Clio V6,s are not a fast car - for £26k they are to heavy and extremely underpowered. Ive owned 2 and had to bolt a 75 shot of NOS to get a 13.6 @ 106. Renault should have dropped the 2.5 V6 Alpine turbo lump into them - they are a nice looking motor......and thats about it.

People on this site think V6 clio's are the ultimate - its wake up time.... there not !! a 172 cup standard is capable of a 14.4 @ 98 ish and many on here have done that ( timo did a 13.9 @ 101 in a cup with an r-sport ECU and slicks )

Last edited:
They have 18bhp per tonne more than a std cup and 100nm more torque (21nm per tonne more) and of course the better traction for being RWD, so of course they are the fastest standard Clio... :)

Not a superfast car as TVR's are but same power to weight as a scoobie sti....so NOT slow....but I do agree that they should have had MORE power from the outset....350bhp would be nice :)

Simon

Last edited:
Martin. said:
Thought they were quicker tbh but they do weight 2 tonne lol I do seem to remember Kathy or Slugger running 14.3 ish..?

What 60ft times were you getting Tom?

60ft times were generally mid 2.1secs

davesrealgood said:
Tom u got that vid of me vs u??

A friend of mine filmed the run - I'll get him to email the clip to me and then I shall host.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Adams_16v said:
thats a pretty good 60ft mate, i usually get about 2.5 when on most runs!!

Eh I've never seen you run a 2.5 lol 2.2s & 2.3s all the way for willys/hybrids...

Attachments

• Cliov6.JPG
    Cliov6.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 49
  • v6clio.jpg
    v6clio.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 43
  Renault Laguna Coupe
Wayne managed a 14.4 a while back - that car has a lot of miles (30k+) so maybe they get quicker as the mileage increases