ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Visited my Ragnotti today...

Clio 197

Sitting in the showroom with the JR 1998 plates on it. Looks lovely, but the front spoiler/airdam bit was missing.

I told the lad that there was a piece missing. He assured me that there was no piece missing. I had to get a bit firmer and he agreed that there was a piece but they didnt fit it because it would most definitely fall off.

They rummaged around the parts stores for a while and them came out with it. Two grease monkeys and the sales lad were down on the floor trying to fit it to the car and tell me that it wouldnt fit etc. It was a bit comical...

Question: How many bolts/screws or whatever connectors are used to secure the thing? It looked to me that ther should be about 7.

Clio 197

Okay,

Could some Cup owner have a peek under their chin spoiler and count the number of bolsts securing it to the car? I would like to know how may are supposed to be there. Seems that Renault doesnt ship either the bolts or instructions on affixing the chin spoiler out with the cars!

Ed

cant look cos the cars at the garage, but reno have an aktis technical note showing precisely how this should be done including trimming etc. Just tell your local muppets to get their act together..

Ad

MK2 FRS

It is just fitted to the bumper with self tapping screws. Got one fitted to my 172.

996 Carrera

it also attaches to the wheel arch liners via a fiddly bolt and clip affair - i know cus i caught mine on a kerb once and pulled one side off.

Theres nothing worse than hearing bits being ripped off your month-old car :(

I nearly ripped mine off on a high kerb. Had to take three screws out to screw it back in, dead fiddley as it so low to the ground.

Clio 197

Very discrete Cup with the steering wheel on the other side. The only identification is a Jean Ragnotti signature inside the glovebox. No flashy badging for us continentals!

Clio 197

What is the aktis? Got to remember that the guys Im dealing with have very little language skills, a bit like myself actually! They only have 3 languages...none of which helps me!

actis is reno-speak for a bulletin that is circulated to all reno garages with a description of well known faults or procedures and how to fix them. there is such a note for fitting the front spoiler to the cup

Clio 197

Philip,

Do you have a reference number or is there a way of accessing it? These guys are a pain in the arse to deal with mainly because of the language problem.

Ed