ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

w00000000shhhhhhh

well.. eventful evening.. left work at 4pm.. just got in...

left carpark after warming car up... driving for like 20 mins.. next min i notice.. red light flashing on the temperature gague!!

pull over quickly.. and Steam starts pouring out of the bonnet!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i got out car thinking it was gonna blowup ROFL!

after it died down a bit.. i went back.. and found no water left in the coolant tank... so got a watering can from this builder who was working near.. and filled with water, undid the bleed valve and blew iunto the tank and pushed water through... then mate noticed that water was pissing out from a hose... that had split... doh! so drove to renault slowly and nursed it in and they fitted a temporary hose untill the one they have ordered comes down...

panic over. thought id blown the turbo or something!!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

You have to be carfull mate, if ur dry of water and u fill it up you could easily crack the head when the cold water hits it....

aye, mate said that, but we also found that the fan wasnt working... it had been unplugged somehow... which must made the pipe get really hot and crack and giveway...

all working ok now though.. thankgod..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah i had the same problem with my old rt. was in mega traffic jam on the M1 and noticed my temp was at max. got of and was on the bussiest roundeabout possible when the engine was steaming so i had to pull in and stop in the middle of it

Fan was buggered!