ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to get?

clio 172 cup
returning to the uk in a few weeks and have a dilema.............. I have around 4K to spend and am torn between getting another cs 172cup/ 182, CTR and 206 gti 180. I have had a cup previously, loved it and would get another although maybe a change? Fancy a 182 but again same problem. Would love a CTR but maybe a bit too common?? And have recently considered the 206 gti, I know they get a slatting but i like the look of em, have awesome seats and have got pretty cheap lateley (2500 - 3000 with 60K) and are also pretty rare. Are they as bad as everyone says? Anyone had 2 of the 3 i have mentioned? Thanks

Hyundai i40
plenty of threads on here clio vs ctr and clio vs 206 180.

Id have a clio over them both tbh

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The Gti 180 is a pretty good car when fitted with a quickshift, 16's & coilovers ...

And before everyone says why dont you just buy a clio, they're better standard/you dont have to spend money on it, etc, how many standard 1*2's are there on here, whatever you buy it'll get tinkered with ;)

Clio 197 RB
For £4k, it's got to be a 182, CTR's are still really expensive at the moment!
You would get a pretty decent example for £4k!

PH1 V6
4k would see you a very tidy 172 cup! :)

206 gti 180 is a good car, lots of people dislike them but having driven one i was quite impressed tbh. Still love my cup though tbh :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
4k for a CTR is going to be high mileage and possibly catagorey registered, 4k on a Clio Renault Sport is going to have half the mileage and be a later registered one!

Know what i would be doing!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
4k for a CTR is going to be high mileage and possibly catagorey registered, 4k on a Clio Renault Sport is going to have half the mileage and be a later registered one!

Knows Danny.

For 4K I'd be looking at mint 172 cups personally.

Stripped yozza'd cup
returning to the uk in a few weeks and have a dilema.............. I have around 4K to spend and am torn between getting another cs 172cup/ 182, CTR and 206 gti 180. I have had a cup previously, loved it and would get another although maybe a change? Fancy a 182 but again same problem. Would love a CTR but maybe a bit too common?? And have recently considered the 206 gti, I know they get a slatting but i like the look of em, have awesome seats and have got pretty cheap lateley (2500 - 3000 with 60K) and are also pretty rare. Are they as bad as everyone says? Anyone had 2 of the 3 i have mentioned? Thanks

I test drove a 206gti 180 before I got my 172 cup. Without wishing to be a fan boy, you couldn't pay me to take it. It was awful..... The seats are awful imo, the engine wasn't nearly as exciting as th 1*2 and it felt soft and useless in comparison.

The CTR is great, but I don't think you'll get a good one for that money?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I test drove a 206gti 180 before I got my 172 cup. Without wishing to be a fan boy, you couldn't pay me to take it. It was awful..... The seats are awful imo, the engine wasn't nearly as exciting as th 1*2 and it felt soft and useless in comparison.

The CTR is great, but I don't think you'll get a good one for that money?

All down to personal preference, i couldnt stand the CTR, so bought a 182, but would happily have a Gti 180 ...

I test drove a GTI 180 before I bought my CTR. Wasnt massively impressed. The gearbox, in particular, was pretty shabby and the driving position was awful.. Its a nice car, nice seats and all but there are few things that set it back. Its certainly a breed apart from the standard GTI anyway.

But, yeah, the clio outclasses it in almost ever department.

For 4k I would get the 182. A 4k CTR would probably need work.